Author Topic: My Investment allocations  (Read 1876 times)

HighlyValuedTime

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
My Investment allocations
« on: October 29, 2015, 11:15:38 AM »
Ive been reading MMM for quite a few years and figured id start using the forum! Possbly to help out where I have my largest knowledge-edge. Investments

Short bio
Late 20īs single male from Sweden
I work as one out of two investment analysts in a Swedish investment company (about $150m in managed assets). Im self taught without an degree and have average about 35% annual return per year since I started investing

Visually impaired since birth (about 10-15% of normal eyesight) due to that I have spent my life learning in my own way, and found investments to be my greatest hobby in late teens

Goal
1. Retire by 2020 with about $500.000k in assets excl home/shares in privately owned companies
2. Average 25% return per year
3. Save $1,500 per month (60%+ of take-home pay)

Risk profile
Moderate to high(rarely) risk in specific company risk, High allocation risk (3-5 holdings)

Reasoning for risk profile
As I am
1. A nerd when it comes to investing, and can spend vast amounts of time researching, evaluationg and determine risk/reward scenarios I feel i am able to take substaintial risks
2. Gotten used to a farely low living standard ($1,2k monhly total living expenses average 2014)
3. Able to cut spending further if needed

Wealth Allocation
Publicly traded shares 50%
Home - 24%
Privately owned companies - 22%
Cash and other - 4%

What does your allocation look like?

Cornbread OMalley

• Handlebar Stache
Re: My Investment allocations
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 05:52:55 PM »
It's all good being who you are.  I cannot say I have a lot of friends who could spend hours researching like you.  I could be like that but have been focused on professional goals the past few years.  I found that just saving a lot is the best habit to have.  I've been continuously tweaking my stash since college graduation.  Here's my allocations:

89% stocks
3% cash
8% collectibles

Jeremy E.

• Handlebar Stache
Re: My Investment allocations
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 06:10:23 PM »
My entire retirement funds consist of
100% S&P 500 fund in my 401k (U.S. total stock market fund isn't an option in my 401k)
100% U.S. total market fund in my Vanguard accounts

I'm guessing I'll probably only average about 6% per year after inflation, so probably not what you're looking for.

Warning: You probably started investing after the '08-'09 debacle, since then investing has been all sunshine and rainbows, don't expect that to always be the case, your stocks could drop in value 50%, and you would then need them to gain in value 100% to be back where they were. I personally think expecting to be able to get an average of a 25% return per year is unreasonable and unlikely, but I wish you the best of luck.