Author Topic: Marijuana Stocks?  (Read 2592 times)

kudy

• Pencil Stache
Marijuana Stocks?
« on: March 08, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
I live in Colorado, and I am watching the legalized marijuana industry grow and mature quickly. It's hard not to project 10 years into future, where I forsee the beginnings of "big cannabis" and the corporatization of the weed market across the country.

It is very tempting to put some "play" money (less than 5% of my net worth?) into cheap/fledgling public companies playing in this space. Has anyone else considered these companies as investments? Or am I just crazy?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Marijuana Stocks?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 03:26:03 PM »
Prior discussions around this idea:

www.mrmoneymustache.com/forum/investor-alley/smokin'-stock-returns/

www.mrmoneymustache.com/forum/investor-alley/'420-index'-or-'green-rush'/

Given that the second thread is only two months old, I'm going to lock this one to keep discussion all in one place.  All people interested in commenting on the viability of MJ stocks please go comment in that thread.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!