Author Topic: Looking for scorecards on analysts, experts, and talking heads  (Read 626 times)

marcus_aurelius

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
You see all these analysts and experts on YouTube (Robert Kiyosaki, Stansberry research, Peter Schiff, and a hundred others) who can only be called super bearish about the market. They have been predicting the end of the financial world (as we know it) for a long time. Most of them are basically shilling their own products or asking you to sell everything and buy gold/silver.

My question is — are there websites that track their predictions and assign a grade on how they’ve panned out?

Financial.Velociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Devour your prey raptors!
    • Living Universe Foundation
Re: Looking for scorecards on analysts, experts, and talking heads
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 03:50:50 PM »
Stansberry produces an annual scorecard on all its paid services.  It is an objective time weighted analysis of all recommendations for the review period (assuming equal investment in all ideas) compared to a benchmark.  Porter has totally given his own analysts grades of "F" before.  Eifrig and Sjuggeruud consistently get A or A+ by consistently beating their benchmark.  The others are hit and miss.  I think it is only available to subscribers though.

ChpBstrd

• Walrus Stache
  • Location: A poor and backward Southern state known as minimum wage country
Re: Looking for scorecards on analysts, experts, and talking heads
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 11:01:33 AM »
Generally, by the time we hear about a talking head on Yahoo Finance or whatever, the trend they were lucky enough to get on is close to ending. I actually considered starting my own little Yahoo Finance contrafund, going long the indexes and short the specific picks mentioned in financial news. Never analyzed my own results on that idea though - it would be time-consuming!