Author Topic: Looking for a good investment forum  (Read 2773 times)

Zette

• Stubble
Looking for a good investment forum
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »
Can anyone recommend some good investment forums?  I will of course lurk on here, but I'm wondering what else to check out.

KingCoin

• Pencil Stache
  • Achieved FI @ 30
Re: Looking for a good investment forum
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »
Are you looking something broad along the lines of personal investment policy and asset allocation strategies? I'd check out the bogleheads forum.

Looking for more active strategy? It's not a forum, but I'd check out http://tennesseeindependent.blogspot.com/. I personally view this guy as almost savant like. The author is extremely responsive to thoughts and comments. He gets a little more into the nitty-gritty, so probably not the best if you're just learning.

beltim

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
If you're interested in individual stocks, I'd recommend Seeking Alpha.  It's more of a platform for authors to write analysis than a forum, but there is an active and insightful discussion on the comments of articles.

Hugh H

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 05:32:48 PM »
Came in here to recommend SeekingAlpha as well.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
Bogleheads.

A bit cultish (pot, kettle), but the best investment advice and strategies, IMO.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Richard3

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 10:16:18 PM »
Seeking Alpha is very useful - I learn a huge amount from reading articles there and from people commenting on mine.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!