Author Topic: Is it too late to get in on WilderHill Clean Energy Index?  (Read 607 times)

onourjourney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Is it too late to get in on WilderHill Clean Energy Index?
« on: August 21, 2020, 07:30:53 PM »
I feel like I've missed the boat on this index fund, but then again, maybe its 33% increase since early July is just the beginning. Has anyone recently looked into this and either decided to buy or not buy based on what you learned?

TheHardenedInvestor

• Stubble
Re: Is it too late to get in on WilderHill Clean Energy Index?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 07:33:45 PM »
I haven’t looked into it, but I have decided not to buy.

NN6

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Is it too late to get in on WilderHill Clean Energy Index?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 03:12:31 AM »
Well I just had a quick glance at it and while I am all in on renewables this one seems to have Tesla, Nio and Workhorse as some of the biggest positions so unless you want to invest heavily into transportation as well I would be careful. I have learned not to bet against Tesla though... At this rate probably 4000 by next month... However, generally I do not think it is too late to invest in renewable energy ETFs because RE has become the cheapest source of energy and will be replacing fossil fueled generation on a massive scale all over the planet making it one of the hottest sectors!  Just make sure to have some solid companies in there as well like Vestas, Orsted or NextEra and not just companies build completely on hype like basically anything to do with hydrogen these days (though the beauty of ETFs should be that you get both).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 03:15:04 AM by NN6 »