Author Topic: investment vehicle  (Read 1431 times)

sltintexas

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
investment vehicle
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:17:01 PM »
Hello!  I'm new to MMM & the term FIRE, but have been working towards early retirement for a while.  I just thought I was cool and original.  Little did I know there was a whole world of people wanting the same thing.  Glad I found you.

I currently have my money invested via 401k, IRA, straight stocks as well as some real estate money coming in.  Now that y'all have properly motivated me, (and I thank you)  I'm about to "kick it up a notch" but I had a question.

What vehicle are y'all using for your investments?  Are y'all doing it within an IRA of some sort with the intention of doing SEPP before you are 59 1/2.  What advice can you give me?

GenXbiker

• Bristles
Re: investment vehicle
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 12:21:24 PM »
I have more invested in non-retirement vehicles through Vanguard, but I also have a 401K style plan and Roth IRA, so I'm good with everything as it is.  SS will kick in about a decade into retirement.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
Re: investment vehicle
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 12:21:44 PM »
I think you'll find people here using all of the above. IRAs, Roth IRAs, 401(k)s, HSAs, 457(b)s, taxable accounts, real estate, etc.

For more info about pulling money out of retirement accounts early check out this article by the Mad Fientist http://www.madfientist.com/how-to-access-retirement-funds-early/