Author Topic: Investment Order  (Read 272148 times)

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Investment Order
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »
I'm curious if there's an investment order for those who are self employed?
With the availability of Solo 401(k) plans, it's not clear how that would differ.  What do you have in mind?

Archipelago

• Bristles
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2021, 07:19:40 PM »
With the availability of Solo 401(k) plans, it's not clear how that would differ.  What do you have in mind?

There aren't any other investment vehicles to add into the mix? SEP IRA, how to use profit sharing for maximizing tax sheltered $, how to get a health insurance plan that allows for HSA?

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »
There aren't any other investment vehicles to add into the mix? SEP IRA, how to use profit sharing for maximizing tax sheltered $, how to get a health insurance plan that allows for HSA?
Solo 401k, SEP, and SIMPLE IRAs would all fall under the "401k" label as they are "employer plans" as opposed to "regular" IRAs that one opens separate from any particular employer, and are covered by "SIMPLE/etc." in the first sentence of the post (after the "appropriate for investors in the US" intro).

Niche topics, e.g., cash balance pension plans, might indeed be appropriate for a "high income self employed investment order."  I'm not familiar enough with that world to venture there.

Financial.Velociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Devour your prey raptors!
    • Financial Velociraptor
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2021, 10:22:54 AM »
@arebelspy

Headline post (OP) needs update to include quick link to the "Canada" section.  Just a little housecleaning item when you get a chance!