Author Topic: Investment fund advice or deposit for house - UK expat in Kuwait  (Read 1332 times)

todd89

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I'm currently working in Kuwait and saving around £2000 each month. Next June I am thinking to get a buy to let mortgage with about £20,000 deposit. Rather than this money being placed into my bank account each month, is it wise for me to put this £2000 into an investment fund via an ISA and going with Cavendish for example and seeing how it gets on until June?

There's no exit fees etc and I am thinking of Vanguard Lifestrategy just because some people recommended it, but I don't really know why. Someone said 50% in the 100% equity acc and 50% in the 80% acc fund.

Any advice is welcomed.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:15:10 PM by todd89 »

milb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Investment fund advice or deposit for house - UK expat in Kuwait
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 05:32:55 PM »
No. Money in stock market is for long term, a few months is exposing your self to a lot of risk for little upside.

cerat0n1a

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:55:44 PM »
Stock market should be for money you don't need to touch for years. You have a clear target sum of money in £, a clear date in mind and your income is in £. So don't mess about trying to second guess stock market or currency fluctuations, just find somewhere that will pay you a bit of interest and keep the money safe.

shanghaiMMM

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 05:07:18 AM »
What they said.

What if Trump gets in and the market tanks? Could do, and could take a long time for your stocks to recover.

Cash > bank in this case.