Author Topic: Investing tools/advice in Europe?  (Read 1588 times)

LaMoustacheFrancaise

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Investing tools/advice in Europe?
« on: August 20, 2018, 08:44:18 AM »
Hi!
European (french precisely ) Mustachian here!
I recently joined the working force and start earning some nice paychecks. I've been saving them up to 4k and I do have this money in my bank sleeping and doing nothing, it is frustrating.
I want to the bank and start talking about investments with my bank advisor. She didn't even know what Vanguard was and could'nt come up with anything.
I'm looking for some tools like Betterment or Personal Capital but available either worldwide or locally.
And also some investing advices for us europeans if you do have.
I really want to get started in this FIRE journey but I need to get as much informations and help as I can before taking any actions.
Thanks for the tips !

KeljuIvan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Investing tools/advice in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »
Any decent bank/broker should allow you to buy ETFs. Here in Finland there are a couple index fund ETFs that are very popular with monthly savers. I think they are based in Germany. The first is EUNL, which invests in the whole world, though USA has a weight of about 50-60%. The other on is IS3N, which focuses on emerging markets. Just using the first one is just fine, but some people like to also give some extra weight to emerging markets. So, you might be 80-100% EUNL and 0-20% IS3N. You can check the contents and costs of ETFs on the Morningstar website.

LaMoustacheFrancaise

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 05:14:45 AM »
Thanks!
Do you use an online bank or do you stay old style and rely on the one with physical locations?

Andy R

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 05:56:09 AM »
Oh god, don't use a financial advisor, and especially one from a bank!

Start by watching this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwkjqGd8NC4

Then I would suggest start reading the European threads on bogleheads.org/forum (and probably other threads too)

The 3 fund portfolio is fantastic, and easy enough that a child could manage it with 10 minutes a year.

Rubic

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
Check out the /r/EuropeFIRE reddit forum.