Author Topic: How is this legal. Insider trading? (Kroger/Marsh/Amazon/Whole Foods)  (Read 3312 times)

Mrtreasuretoupee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Not sure what grocery chains are in your region but hear me out.  A few years ago I was keen on buying Kroger stock. It was doing great.  Well now in my region Marsh (competitor) is closing lots of stores.  So I figure now is the time. Now looking at Kroger stock you see it falling off of a cliff for no apparent reason starting on June 14 (Wednesday) and ending on the 16th (Friday).  Then on the 16th Amazon makes its announcement that they are buying Whole Foods and getting into the brick and mortar grocery business.  What I'm wondering is who was selling their stocks the two days prior to the announcement? The stock lost 26% in those two days.

I never did buy the stock but I guess this is a good reason to never buy an individual stock.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
I never did buy the stock but I guess this is a good reason to never buy an individual stock.

No one knows.

Just keep buying VTSAX and get rich slow.

Papa bear

• Handlebar Stache
I thought the sell off started with missing revenue targets. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scortius

• Bristles
I thought the sell off started with missing revenue targets. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, there were two separate public events, one day apart.  First, Kroger mentioned that they would fall significantly short of their targets.  Queue drop #1.  The next business day Amazon bought Whole Foods.  Queue drop #2.

ChpBstrd

• Walrus Stache
  • Location: A poor and backward Southern state known as minimum wage country
Whole Foods had been shopping for a buyer for a while. Rumors were all over the financial press.

surfhb

This has happened countless times before.    Hang onto your KR positions....its not going anywhere.

BTW....insider trading is very common. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!