Author Topic: Forum top is in  (Read 1273 times)

SubL stache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Forum top is in
« on: March 18, 2020, 12:30:26 PM »
Reading this forum and all the negativity and depressing predictions is no longer fun or good for my mental health.  I don't know what to do other than keep investing bi-monthly with my paycheck into my 401k/529/IRAs and its hampering my focus on work and my hobbies/personal fitness.

Forum top is in for me, see you all later - hopefully sooner rather than later but definitely later.

dougules

• Magnum Stache
Re: Forum top is in
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 12:47:38 PM »
:(  Sorry to hear that.  I may unplug soon, too.  It's just that it's also really depressing to abandon the forum to all the voices of hysteria. 

Fru-Gal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 12:56:49 PM »
I find myself swinging wildly between hope and despair depending on what I've read. I think we have to consider mental hygiene. Do whatever is necessary.

maisymouser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 01:14:48 PM »
Yeah, as much as I've frequented the forum, things are getting a bit toxic. Which is tough because I really appreciate this community.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 01:17:23 PM »
Really? No kidding, I come here for the voices of reason. My real life is far more depressing and hysterical right now.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 02:20:27 PM »
You won't find many better places for accurate, well reasoned arguments, ideas and thoughts about life, the universe and everything.

And where bullshit and misinformation is immediately called out and shut down.

bwall

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 02:29:51 PM »
You won't find many better places for accurate, well reasoned arguments, ideas and thoughts about life, the universe and everything.

And where bullshit and misinformation is immediately called out and shut down.

+1.

Sometimes it is bad. But, I haven't read once a post saying that the world is going to end. Or that we're going to have a food shortage (I got that gem elsewhere, seriously). Or that an economic collapse is coming. These posts might be here, but I haven't seen one.

maisymouser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 03:00:27 PM »
Bwall have you ever read top is in? :)

bwall

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 03:12:13 PM »
Bwall have you ever read top is in? :)

hmmm.... I guess that's where it's lurking, then? I stopped reading that three months (?) ago.