Author Topic: Fidelity 401K Review Request  (Read 1772 times)

ItsRdoubleU

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Fidelity 401K Review Request
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:27:31 AM »
I've been working to review my employers 401K options with Fidelity (looking for the simple hands off approach)

I have researched and checked on the options with Fidelity via the forum, JL Collins, and Bogleheads but all of their suggested Fidelity options that mimic Vanguard are not in the offered portfolio.

Wanted to gain some of your inputs / opinions / thoughts on the mustachian approach with what is offered.

Also, I am thinking for PREIX since I will be buying and holding that the sort term trading fees do not apply correct? (waiting on Fidelity for confirmation)

Attached the listing that shows the tickers and fees as well

Thanks all

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Fidelity 401K Review Request
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 11:31:27 AM »
With that list, I'd probably just dump it all in the S&P 500 fund and call it a day. Maybe mix in the small, medium cap, and/or the MSCI EAFI fund (international), and the bond fund if you want bonds in this account.

Definitely don't go with anything more expensive than the target-date funds.

Those first 5 funds (5 of first 6 - ignore stable value funds) cover what the standard recommended funds cover.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:34:17 AM by dandarc »

FIRE@50

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »
I would put 100% of my money in PREIX.

Good luck

politenessman

• Stubble
  • http://techtofi.com/
    • Blogging our progress from disaster to FI
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 11:48:13 AM »
I too have a Fidelity 401k, and initially was dismayed at the options available to me.
What I did was what most people here will tell you - put the money in an indexed fund.
For me that was FUSVX. I have the majority of the fund in FUSVX with some FAGIX for bonds and FCNTX for a little pep in the growth. Seems to be working out ok so far.

AccidentalMiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »
I would put 100% of my money in PREIX.

Good luck

Me, too.

Petition your company to offer a better SP500 fund.  Fidelity has some really cheap (even zero) price index funds in their universe.

Also, my company offers a "brokerage link" with Fidelity which I use to buy what I want (including individual stocks and cheap index funds.)  You might check to see if that's an option for you.

ItsRdoubleU

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »
Thanks all for the time and replies - always helps to have another set of eyes look at things