Author Topic: Emerald Health Therapeutics and Cannabis Stock  (Read 4557 times)

Dragonstrike

• Stubble
Emerald Health Therapeutics and Cannabis Stock
« on: October 11, 2017, 07:26:18 PM »
Anyone invested into Emerald Health Therapeutics or other related Cannabis stock here? 

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Emerald Health Therapeutics and Cannabis Stock
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:29 AM »
I sold when it hit $4.20.

bfiguero

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 11:06:49 AM »
Yes. I put all my "fun money", only a few percent of my net worth, in the Canadian market this year in preparation for legalization next year. Emerald Health is my biggest position but I've also got Canopy Growth Corporation, Aurora Cannabis Inc. and Aphria Inc. plus a few others. I think there's tremendous potential for growth there but as always do your due diligence and don't use any money you can't afford to lose.

Dragonstrike

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
Yes. I put all my "fun money", only a few percent of my net worth, in the Canadian market this year in preparation for legalization next year. Emerald Health is my biggest position but I've also got Canopy Growth Corporation, Aurora Cannabis Inc. and Aphria Inc. plus a few others. I think there's tremendous potential for growth there but as always do your due diligence and don't use any money you can't afford to lose.

Yeah i have about $5000 for play money after selling last Monday due to that report coming out about delisting illegal companies selling in the US, but emerald is something I'm seeing having the largest growth next to Canopy. Im already up 20 percent this year. Come January I'm maxing my vtsax Roth again and paying off my motorcycle loan too. Next comes money for some home renovations and adding more into cannabis.  How.much fun money do you have in this portfolio?

bfiguero

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »
Perhaps not enough after that run up last week. The beverage conglomerate that makes Corona bought a 10% stake in Canopy and everyone else, including Emerald, seems to have benefited from the exposure. I'm fully vested in the MMM philosophy, buy-never-sell, discipline etc. but these huge upswings are ruining my expectations of a proper rate of return.

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »
I am having a hard time visualizing how an investment in the Cannabis industry could misfire or backfire.

Looks solid to me...

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 10:40:44 AM »
I am having a hard time visualizing how an investment in the Cannabis industry could misfire or backfire.

Looks solid to me...
The industry is likely to succeed, but it's hard to say which companies in the industry will succeed.

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »

Looks solid to me...
The industry is likely to succeed, but it's hard to say which companies in the industry will succeed.

Does this help you sleep better at night with your pronouncement?

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 11:46:16 AM »

Looks solid to me...

Does this help you sleep better at night with your pronouncement?

I said likely, not certain.  I'm not investing the industry myself by any means.  VTSAX or bust.

bfiguero

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 04:21:34 PM »
Fortunately Emerald Health Therapeutics is a Canadian company so Jeff Sessions doesn't have any say regarding their legalization efforts. Heck, holding the US back might just be more opportunity for them later when we catch up. I think it's inevitable so I put said fun money where my mouth is. Core position is still index though; can't argue with you there.

Tegus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 07:54:42 PM »
I haven't held EMH yet but I built my own little MJ index fund - APH, ACB, WMD, IMH, WEED and a few others. Just sold in the huge upswing last week and looking to buy back in sometime next month. I also was hoping to hold long but I believe these enormous swings (Canopy up 40% last week) are unsustainable. And I'm enjoying having some extra cash flow :)

Talking about this in the 'arrogance' thread but wrong audience I guess.

Dragonstrike

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 11:31:07 AM »
I've had that $5k invested since the $1.10 mark for emerald health. It's around $1.84 today, and I'm only expecting this to rise. The trends have been looking stable and the meeting in December will surely change that. My plan is 3-5 year hold for this company and to put a substantial amount into it in order to have a nice little profit gain. As for VTSAX, I only have that as my Roth funds right now about 25k.

MVal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 03:00:42 PM »

Can you buy these stocks through Vanguard? If not, are you using some other brokerage group?

evensjw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »
I have some money invested in IIPR (Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc), which is basically a REIT that aims to purchase property to lease to the cannabis industry, if I understand it correctly.

It was pretty stable, but in the past week or so has started to look like bitcoin.  Up 100%, down 50%, up 25%...

Dragonstrike

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 11:14:59 AM »

Can you buy these stocks through Vanguard? If not, are you using some other brokerage group?

Yes, you can buy through Vanguard, symbol is EMHTF. You may need authorization to purchase the stock for the first time by calling them directly, but after that you can buy and sell at your leisure. BTW after these two weeks the stock is currently at $5.80: I'm telling everybody this stock is going to soar. I wish I had more money in it earlier.