Author Topic: Complimentary Financial Consultation - Personal Capital  (Read 3377 times)

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
Complimentary Financial Consultation - Personal Capital
« on: August 07, 2015, 09:36:36 AM »
I guess now that Personal Capital saw I had cracked the $100k in investable assets mark they are trying to get me to do a complimentary consultation call with an advisor.

I have absolutely no plans on giving them any assets to manage. I am entertaining the idea of the call just for my entertainment. I have a feeling I will run circles around their advisor. The goal is to get him interested in MMM and question his very existence.

They had asked me to send anything else relevant to the call that may not be on the dashboard in PC.

I have sent over my Personal Investment Policy Statement. That should definitely make things interesting =D

I will let you all know how it goes.

milesdividendmd

• Handlebar Stache
    • Miles Dividend MD
Re: Complimentary Financial Consultation - Personal Capital
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:44:47 AM »
Although I love their free software they are a truly lame and expensive advisory, and I am a proponent of roboadvisories in general.

I predict your consultation will be about as entertaining as getting free pizza at a fraternity rush event when you are a college freshman who has no interest in fraternities.

Mississippi Mudstache

• Handlebar Stache
    • A Riving Home - Ramblings of a Recusant Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 09:47:13 AM »
Haha. Interested to see how it goes. I remember being excited last year when I cracked the 100K mark and got my email from them about a personal consultation. Never had any fun with with like you are, though :)

GorgeousSteak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 02:57:06 PM »
I did it.  I actually thought it was pretty interesting.  I hadn't given alot of though to sector weighting and that seemed to be one of the main ways they diverge from standard index investing.  Anyway, it definitely caused me to research a few things after I talked to them.  I didn't make any changes and are of course not using their services, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 12:28:19 AM »
The goal is to get him interested in MMM and question his very existence.

LOL!  Looking forward to your report. :)

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 06:09:53 PM »
Well, sadly I won't be able to give you guys the nitty gritty with PC's advisory service.

I spoke briefly with the rep and he realized that I don't have $100k in assets that are transferable to PC for them to manage.

Being about $40k shy he said he will keep my email with my personal IPS and reach out when the time comes.

swashbucklinstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 07:27:31 PM »
Well, sadly I won't be able to give you guys the nitty gritty with PC's advisory service.

I spoke briefly with the rep and he realized that I don't have $100k in assets that are transferable to PC for them to manage.

Being about $40k shy he said he will keep my email with my personal IPS and reach out when the time comes.

And I bet he'll be surprised how soon that will be :)