Author Topic: Buy the rumor, sell the news  (Read 15464 times)

Cycling Stache

• Bristles
Re: Buy the rumor, sell the news
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2016, 10:26:13 AM »
Those futures numbers are almost better than sex.

Lol congrats if you aren't full of crap that you sold everything today. The only consolation for me is that 20% or so of my holdings are in usd which are surging but that will in no way save me tomorrow against what is to come

Not everything, but I sold $300k today.

Vagabond, did you put your $300k back in the market?  If so, what day?  Maybe we can report a market timing win!

One of the key points that gets lost in the market timing issue when people predict losses is how do you know when to buy back in.  So genuinely curious how it played

Vagabond76

• Stubble
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2016, 04:58:41 AM »
Those futures numbers are almost better than sex.

Lol congrats if you aren't full of crap that you sold everything today. The only consolation for me is that 20% or so of my holdings are in usd which are surging but that will in no way save me tomorrow against what is to come

I've been moving and haven't been on for a while. Yes, I bought back the Tuesday after the Brexit vote, one day after the low.

Not everything, but I sold $300k today.

Vagabond, did you put your $300k back in the market?  If so, what day?  Maybe we can report a market timing win!

One of the key points that gets lost in the market timing issue when people predict losses is how do you know when to buy back in.  So genuinely curious how it played

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2016, 09:42:55 AM »
I was in the group of people who cheered when things went down, but I was hoping for several days to position enough money to make a meaningful buy. I didn't get them.

Vagabond76

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2016, 08:35:33 PM »
I don't know where my reply went.  I bought back in on the Tuesday after Brexit.  Monday was the trough; I thought it would go down one more day.  Still a big win.