Author Topic: Buffett FAQ: a compendium of Q&As with Warren Buffett  (Read 4626 times)

Grigory

• Stubble
  • (rhymes with "story")
    • my attempt at blogging
Buffett FAQ: a compendium of Q&As with Warren Buffett
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:49:39 PM »
I'm fairly certain I'm not the only fan of Warren Buffett around here.  :) While I was writing my book about his investing blunders (the better to study him with!), I stumbled on this beautiful, beautiful website: Buffett FAQ: a compendium of Q&As with Warren Buffett.

Buffett likes having Q&A sessions with college students and with Berkshire-Hathaway investors who travel to Omaha for the annual shareholder meeting. (Aka "Woodstock for capitalists" - you should go, it's fun!) Recording devices are prohibited, but a lot of people take very thorough notes. Buffett FAQ is a compendium of all the notes people have taken over the years, in the original Q&A format.

Right now, there are 436 questions and answers about life, the universe and everything. It's mostly about money, investing, efficient valuation techniques, etc, though. ;) Altogether, it's a giant collection of concentrated wisdom from Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger (his right-hand man and investing partner over the past 50-ish years). I have a copy of that page saved on my tablet, so I can pick a random question and read all about it whenever I'm waiting for something or am in between books. :)

And before anybody asks - no, I have absolutely no affiliation with that site, I don't know who owns it and I'm not benefiting in any way whatsoever from posting this here. I just want to share the word with all the other Mustachians and spread Buffett's ideas even further.

Happy reading!

imbros

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Buffett FAQ: a compendium of Q&As with Warren Buffett
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 06:35:21 PM »
This is an amazing resource. Thank you for posting!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 12:09:10 PM »
Awesome, thanks for sharing!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 01:28:44 PM »
FWIW, I transferred it to my Kindle, but wanted to share a quick step I took to improve it.

Right click and download the website.

Then open the .html file in any word processor (Wordpad being preferrable, IMO, cause Word might muck it up).

Do a find/replace for:
<a rel="self" href="http://www.buffettfaq.com/#

and replace with:
<a rel="self" href="#

Basically when you download, it changes all the relative links such that clicking a link tries to open the website, instead of jumping to that part in the page.  Once you change it back, following the above steps, tapping a link in the ebook will jump straight there.

Then just drag it into the Calibre main window, and click convert (to .mobi for Kindle, .epub for any other ebook reader).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Seppia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 08:58:45 PM »
I wish I wasn't so technologically challenged :)
Anybody care to share the pdf or tech kindle file?
Thanks!

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 01:27:07 AM »
I don't know what any of that means ARS. Far too advanced for a luddite :)

I just did a Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl V into Word. Seemed to work ok.

Thanks for the link Grigory, read through it all last month. Lots of good advice - but some of it is so obvious you just wonder why you never came up with it yourself!

Seppia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 05:06:31 AM »
I am an idiot.
I opened the file yesterday via phone and saw just the links, I thought each link opened a new page.
I just pasted all into a word document and printed it to pdf, worked for me.
Thanks to much to the OP