Author Topic: Crowdstreet a good place to invest?  (Read 1245 times)

jleo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Crowdstreet a good place to invest?
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:40:21 PM »
Looking at investing in some projects with crowdstreet. Currently doing Fundrise which I like but like to diversify. Would like to hear anyones experience with crowdstreet, on the risk side $25k minimum on a single property is what has me worried but seems to have some decent properties but then I ask myself why are these companies raising on crowdstreet vs going to the bank or private equity firms?

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
Re: Crowdstreet a good place to invest?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 02:05:03 PM »
but then I ask myself why are these companies raising on crowdstreet vs going to the bank or private equity firms?

Good question to be asking.

Why not just stick with one of the many REITs available?

The_Big_H

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
You probably want to ask why an investment promises a double digit rate of return (and hasn’t been bought up by an institutional investor).

That’s like WAY below JUNK.

Vanguards low quality corporate bond fund pays 5% nowadays.
The vanguard REIT index is a 4% payer.

You can get in a lot of trouble chasing high yields.  Personally if you want high yield I would not go much more riskier than those funds or much of anything paying beyond 4-5%

jleo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 12:46:24 PM »
You probably want to ask why an investment promises a double digit rate of return (and hasn’t been bought up by an institutional investor).

That’s like WAY below JUNK.

Vanguards low quality corporate bond fund pays 5% nowadays.
The vanguard REIT index is a 4% payer.

You can get in a lot of trouble chasing high yields.  Personally if you want high yield I would not go much more riskier than those funds or much of anything paying beyond 4-5%

This is my thought as well I am invested in VNQ and VNQI which VNQI is a yield I think of 8% last time I checked. I honestly just don't trust this market like ever before. When my friends are giving me stock tips I know we have a serious problem.

Rob_bob

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 07:14:54 PM »
I don't invest in anything that is not publicly traded, I want liquidity.

If you are interested in construction loans I suggest you look at Broadmark Realty, they are publicly traded, current annual yield 7.43% paid monthly, ticker BRMK.  I own shares myself.

Click on the Investors tab.

https://www.broadmark.com/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 07:17:15 PM by Rob_bob »

jleo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 09:38:08 PM »
I don't invest in anything that is not publicly traded, I want liquidity.

If you are interested in construction loans I suggest you look at Broadmark Realty, they are publicly traded, current annual yield 7.43% paid monthly, ticker BRMK.  I own shares myself.

Click on the Investors tab.

https://www.broadmark.com/

CEO pay is 6.98m seems way high to me at a quick glance of company.