Author Topic: Auto Tracking HSA Investments in Personal Capital  (Read 1159 times)

kroozin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Auto Tracking HSA Investments in Personal Capital
« on: April 19, 2019, 03:35:58 PM »
My employer sponsored HSA gives me the option to invest anything over $1,000. Since I've taken advantage of this, Personal Capital no longer shows my invested amount in my dashboard, as the HealthEquity link only shows the cash value.

To get around this, I've added a manual investment for the number of shares I'm holding.

My question is this: Is there a way to set a "Manual Investment" to automatically buy $X worth of shares on a set schedule? I want to mimic the investment each paycheck to track the total, and while I'll do it manually if I have to, I'd prefer not to.

missundecided

• Bristles
Re: Auto Tracking HSA Investments in Personal Capital
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 06:54:48 PM »
I have both Personal Capital and investments within HealthEquity, and my investments show up in PC.

AccidentalMiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »
PC has never been able connect to my HSA investment account.  I created a synthetic account with FXAIX in a "manual investment holding" account since all my HSA investment is in an SP500 index fund.  It tracks pretty closely.

kroozin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 10:29:56 AM »
I have both Personal Capital and investments within HealthEquity, and my investments show up in PC.

Interesting. How did you get the HealthEquity investments to show? I connected my HealthEquity account via PC and it shows the $1,000 balance in cash, but the investments are nowhere to be found.

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 01:06:51 PM »
It's been awhile, so I honestly don't know. I think I had to play around with it a bit. I probably set it up via the app, not a PC, but can't imagine that detail would make a difference.