Author Topic: Aspiration.com  (Read 3680 times)

Scommm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Aspiration.com
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:09:47 PM »
Anybody heard of this or have any comments / info?

www.aspiration.com

ShoulderThingThatGoesUp

• Magnum Stache
Re: Aspiration.com
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
They have their own particular blended fund-of-funds and some feel-good crap about things only available to the very rich, which appears to be...preferred shares.

I expect that "pay what you want" does not go as low as 0.04%, which is the fee on SCHB.

YoungInvestor

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »
They have their own particular blended fund-of-funds and some feel-good crap about things only available to the very rich, which appears to be...preferred shares.

I expect that "pay what you want" does not go as low as 0.04%, which is the fee on SCHB.

You can apparently pay them 0 if you so choose.

They do mention that they pass on some fees from other parties (I'm guessing MERs on proposed funds), but I guess that wouldn't be too significant.

uwp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 11:28:21 AM »
Yeah, not a lot of details on the site, but it looks like they stick you in ASPFX, a multi-alt fund with an expense ratio of 1.35%.
Then they are offering you the deal of choosing what you would like to pay on top of that?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:00:39 PM by uwp »

YoungInvestor

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »
Yeah, not a lot of details on the site, but it looks like hte stick you in ASPFX, a multi-alt fund with an expense ratio of 1.35%.
Then they are offering you the deal of choosing what you would like to pay on top of that?

They say they cap the fees to these mutual funds to 0.5%.

Looks kind of interesting, to be honest.  I don't think people will actually pay them , though, so I'd be worried about then sticking around.

Ricky

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 05:52:35 PM »
They would of flunked out of any business school with that business plan...they seriously don't offer anything that anyone else doesn't do already.

dungoofed

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 04:32:41 AM »
Previous discussion: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/investor-alley/aspiration-com/

Ignoring the "Do Good" part of their catchy soundbite for the moment, what are they trying to do on the investment side of things? Be the Vanguard of hedge funds? If so then they should just say it. Because at the moment they're all over the place.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!