Author Topic: ARKX  (Read 912 times)

effigy98

• Pencil Stache
ARKX
« on: January 21, 2021, 01:31:36 PM »
Time to front run space stocks in the fun money options portfolio? ETA for this fund to open is like March 27th. They are going to have to put billions to work in certain stocks soon.

Here is the list I have so far that ARKX is probably going to invest in...
TRMB
SPCE
PRLB
AJRD
GRMN
TDY
SPLK
AVAV
IRDM
KTOS
SPR
LHX
MTLS
BA

There are also speculation that Cathy is going to figure out a way to invest in private companies using the ETF wrapper. That would mean SPACEX!!!! That would be insane. The earnings potential to a company like SPACEX is massive. Starlink is going to move a lot of customers off Comcast, T, VZ, etc. They will easily be the goto for cell and internet services, but not just domestically... GLOBALLY. I am super excited about SpaceX.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 01:38:39 PM by effigy98 »

GoCubsGo

• Bristles
Re: ARKX
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 03:47:14 PM »
Nice list. Thanks for posting.  A bunch of those had a pop last week if I recall after the ARK Space ETF was announced.  People are going to get real crazy over a new ARK etf. Add in the cool space factor and it'll probably go nuts.  I was in ARKK the second half of the year and it was an amazing run.

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I began buying each of the ARK ETFs last June August.  I'd seen ARKX mentioned on YouTube, but didn't know the rollout date.  It will be good to get in ASAP. 

Btw, I wonder why ARK doesn't have an alternative energy ETF?  I have TAN & PBW which have performed even better than any of the ARK funds since buying them.  I don't know how "actively" Invesco trades the stocks that are in them.  ARK seems to trade quite often, by what I've seen on their daily trade reports, but I have no idea if that's common among managed ETFs.

(edit: actually picked up the first lot of ARKW in June, then all the others in July)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 05:21:11 AM by GreenEggs »

greentea

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 01:43:17 AM »
3 more space companies to add to the list
MAXR
SRAC
RTN

I will be buying this ETF when it launches.

I also like alternative energy ETFs, I will also buy this if ARK creates one.

Editing to correct a typo.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:46:50 AM by greentea »