Learning, Sharing, and Teaching > Investor Alley

Anyone 100% in stocks?

(1/13) > >>

Finallyunderstand:
Curious how many people are 100% in stocks?  Young (brave, careless, rich, stupid, smart?) enough to not be worried about balancing with bonds?

If you're not planning on retiring for 10-15 years, why settle for 2% return on bonds instead of riding the waves of stocks at 100% of your portfolio?

marielle:
Does it count if you only have $6000 invested so far? :)

Finallyunderstand:

--- Quote from: marielle on August 16, 2017, 01:53:40 PM ---Does it count if you only have $6000 invested so far? :)

--- End quote ---

Of course.  Start that snowball!

Beach_Stache:
I'm 100% in stocks (S&P & Total Market index funds mostly).  37 and don't plan on retiring for a while (maybe mid-50's or so) and when I do my current plan is to still leave most in stocks as I don't think I'll need what I have saved to live on.  If I have more than enough then I should be able to ride out any lows in the market, unless there is a global meltdown, in which case currency won't be useful anyways.  The world may change but my current plan is to be stock heavy for the foreseeable future, even through retirement.

DarkandStormy:
Have a small portion of "emergency fund" in VWINX, which is 2/3 bonds.  Otherwise, all stocks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version