Author Topic: Airbnb Directed Share Program  (Read 1327 times)

James!

• Stubble
Airbnb Directed Share Program
« on: December 01, 2020, 01:26:26 PM »
Has anyone else received an offer to purchase in the Airbnb Directed Share Program? Currently my investments are all in conservative funds and I don't even think about individual stock, but I didn't know this opportunity presented value worth considering. Thoughts?

MustacheAndaHalf

• Walrus Stache
Re: Airbnb Directed Share Program
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 01:33:56 PM »
I'd guess it depends on both your broker and the assets you have with them.  I could be wrong, but suspect this is only being offered to accredited investors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accredited_investor#United_States

James!

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 06:05:03 PM »
Sorry, I should have offered more details. I wasn't sure how common knowledge the program was in general. Airbnb is offering participation in a directed share program facilitated by Morgan Stanley before their IPO, only to select long term hosts. I received an offer and expressed interest because it was first come first serve, but haven't made a commitment yet.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 06:15:13 PM »
All I'm going to say is: do it.

EDITed to add - I'm currently reading Post Corona by Scott Galloway.

Steeze

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 07:18:35 PM »
I don’t buy individual stocks, but Airbnb seems like a no brainer. Clearly disrupting the hotel industry, putting the nail in the coffin of mom and pop motels, and has altered the calculus on rental real estate. It has become a household name and is now a verb. Think “googling” “I’ll just Uber home” “we will fly in and Airbnb” - I don’t see any real competition for it.

Still a gamble - but, might be worth a few grand of play money and a 10 year hold. That is all being said completely blind to their management, path to profitability, valuation, etc.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »
Sorry, I should have offered more details. I wasn't sure how common knowledge the program was in general. Airbnb is offering participation in a directed share program facilitated by Morgan Stanley before their IPO, only to select long term hosts. I received an offer and expressed interest because it was first come first serve, but haven't made a commitment yet.

I also expressed interest but haven't heard back from them. If the opportunity does come up, I throw a few thousand at it.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 08:00:19 PM »
Interesting...  I would definitely be interested.   Make sure you really strongly know what you're getting into.  As a rule of thumb I always want to 100% understand my investments.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 09:23:26 PM »
Did anyone take advantage? I was not selected to participate.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!