Author Topic: Active investors/Day Traders Thread  (Read 127574 times)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
Re: Active investors/Day Traders Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 08, 2014, 08:20:16 AM »
Starting to buy ARP for my long term portfolio. Bidding below the market today for MONIF. Stocks is trading at a much larger than usual average and flushing out the weak! :-)

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #301 on: July 08, 2014, 11:52:36 AM »
Stopped out of TWOU and HZNP longs today. Only have RH and ESTE left. It would not surprise me to see an intermediate top put in on July 3rd. Momentum stocks have been hit pretty good this week, and the nasdaq and small caps are leading to the downside.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2014, 11:53:45 AM »
ROG!

if you like mines check out CDE its Among the larger names on my safe and cheap list of precious metals companies. Couer Mines (CDE) has been a holding since earlier this year as silver miners fell right along with metal prices. The stock is trading at just 57% of book value and the company has a current ratio of 3.37. It is walking the edge of having more assets than debt with the equity to asset ratio at 0.57, but it does narrowly make the grade. Couer recently renegotiated its royalty financing deal with Franco Nevada (FNV) that should improve bottom-line results by a substantial amount and that has helped the stock move higher in the past month. But it still very cheap. Analysts at Stern Agee just reiterated a price target of $18 a share last week. That's about double at the current stock price.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Soccer,

I will check it out but I am almost fully loaded into Thompson Creek Metals (TC).  I have been buying it and selling it for the past couple of months and it is almost like an ATM (this is usually where things get dangerous LOL).

I am positioned right now at $2.62 to $2.81 for a pop to $3.10 to $3.20 this week when production figures are announced (I figure tomorrow or Thursday).  You will probably see TC in the news as a top stock this week as it should pop 15% or so.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2014, 08:34:50 AM »
ROG

I did that for the longest time with AUY. Im in the lowest amount of names right now in years. Alot on my radar but being patient. I do like the TC trade though. Good luck!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #305 on: July 14, 2014, 07:49:25 AM »
with this mornings strength on top of the year thus far I have reduced slowly from my norm of 30-40 holdings down to 6 longs.

I am a buyer of TZA at 14.50

Magclaw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #306 on: July 14, 2014, 09:47:24 AM »
I screwed myself with TZA, bought 200 shares at 16.50 (i know overpriced but this was a month and a half ago) and then sold it at its low of 13.5 for a 600 loss. I know I did everything wrong but I got nervous and sold. The only bright spot was that was a small part of my portfolio and everything else was up so much that I felt the loss was justified. Actually I moved that money into ARCP and it just jumped today so the loss may have been not so bad.

I have loved trading ARCP lately, though I am heavily overweighted with it (its 50% of my portfolio). I just love the 8% monthly returns. I know this is a daytraders thread but I only mention it because I have been selling call options on it.

Mag

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #307 on: July 14, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
I screwed myself with TZA, bought 200 shares at 16.50 (i know overpriced but this was a month and a half ago) and then sold it at its low of 13.5 for a 600 loss. I know I did everything wrong but I got nervous and sold. The only bright spot was that was a small part of my portfolio and everything else was up so much that I felt the loss was justified. Actually I moved that money into ARCP and it just jumped today so the loss may have been not so bad.

I have loved trading ARCP lately, though I am heavily overweighted with it (its 50% of my portfolio). I just love the 8% monthly returns. I know this is a daytraders thread but I only mention it because I have been selling call options on it.

Mag

Investors and Day traders thread so share what you want!!! welcome!! I am long ARCP and am a big fan of the stock!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #308 on: July 14, 2014, 09:56:02 AM »
There are a plethora of new IPOs this week: CareDx, Globant, iRadimed, Medical Transcription Billing, Microlin Bio, Pfenex, Roka Biosience, SageTherapuuetics, TerraForm Power and Trupanion.

Some of the company names even sound like several of the 1999 IPOs.

Magclaw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #309 on: July 14, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »

Mag

Investors and Day traders thread so share what you want!!! welcome!! I am long ARCP and am a big fan of the stock!

Actually you clued me into ARCP. Since you are long do you ever sell covered calls for even more returns. I have sold some Jan 14 and 15 calls since I picked up 1000 shares at 12.5, I figure even if they go in the money I will still be up alot of money.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #310 on: July 14, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »

Mag

Actually you clued me into ARCP. Since you are long do you ever sell covered calls for even more returns. I have sold some Jan 14 and 15 calls since I picked up 1000 shares at 12.5, I figure even if they go in the money I will still be up alot of money.

Not in regards to ARCP , its strictly a long for me. I feel its a REIT that hasnt earned its respect yet and the last one I own outside of my index funds.  I am holding and collecting until i am right or hopefully not wrong! :-)

bikecommuter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #311 on: July 14, 2014, 01:33:13 PM »
Relatively new investor here.  Any one with thoughts on BOFI, DNKN, and GOPRO?

I purchased about 30 shares of BOFI when it was at $82.  Now it's dipped down to $73 and wish I didn't go in on it.
I also just purchased some shares of DNKN at 35.5 which I am happy with to keep in the long run.

I'd like to dump most (if not all) of BOFI, but I don't want to lose too on selling under my purchase price.

I have been using ML for any trades.  Any opinions on ML?  Each trade is about $7.  Any suggestions on minimizing that cost?

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #312 on: July 14, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
Relatively new investor here.  Any one with thoughts on BOFI, DNKN, and GOPRO?

I purchased about 30 shares of BOFI when it was at $82.  Now it's dipped down to $73 and wish I didn't go in on it.
I also just purchased some shares of DNKN at 35.5 which I am happy with to keep in the long run.

I'd like to dump most (if not all) of BOFI, but I don't want to lose too on selling under my purchase price.

I have been using ML for any trades.  Any opinions on ML?  Each trade is about $7.  Any suggestions on minimizing that cost?

Gopro has broke support on the chart i looked at so I wouldn't be a buyer here. Kinda looks like a falling knife.

Dnkn I owned awhile back and and am out of.   Last week, the company CEO Nigel Travis spoke bullishly on the company's overseas expansion opportunities. Dunkin's strong brand recognition affords it tremendous growth opportunities in both domestic and international markets. We remain convinced that the continued rollout of its loyalty program will likely boost the company's top line. Its strong free- cash-flow generation and its lack of near-term debt maturities can support total shareholder returns through expected dividend increases and share repurchases. We are convinced that its industry-leading margins, growth prospects and healthy sales-growth-comparison trends support the stock's premium valuation.

Base on that I would not add to the stock but have a trailing stop here.

I am not familiar with BOFI ....sorry!  I use TD. Ameritrade and fees are similiar.

I am not long any of the above positions or am suggesting recommendations. Just simply what I would do if I owned the stocks mentioned for myself.

bikecommuter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #313 on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
Gopro has broke support on the chart i looked at so I wouldn't be a buyer here. Kinda looks like a falling knife.

Dnkn I owned awhile back and and am out of.   Last week, the company CEO Nigel Travis spoke bullishly on the company's overseas expansion opportunities. Dunkin's strong brand recognition affords it tremendous growth opportunities in both domestic and international markets. We remain convinced that the continued rollout of its loyalty program will likely boost the company's top line. Its strong free- cash-flow generation and its lack of near-term debt maturities can support total shareholder returns through expected dividend increases and share repurchases. We are convinced that its industry-leading margins, growth prospects and healthy sales-growth-comparison trends support the stock's premium valuation.

I am not familiar with BOFI ....sorry!  I use TD. Ameritrade and fees are similiar.

I am not long any of the above positions or am suggesting recommendations. Just simply what I would do if I owned the stocks mentioned for myself.

That's what I was looking for!  Yeah GOPRO went a bit too high off the bat so I resisted buying.  Just curious on people's thoughts.

Do you normally buy at market price or a limit order?

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2014, 09:58:58 AM »

Gopro fighting back today! thats why I always say do as much research as possible. Charts are only part of the equation and could be for various reasons. From short covering to great review which I havent researched today.

I put limit orders in unless its at the price  I want to buy at.

That's what I was looking for!  Yeah GOPRO went a bit too high off the bat so I resisted buying.  Just curious on people's thoughts.

Do you normally buy at market price or a limit order?

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »
For the longest time that I can remember I am 100% out of Equities.  Actually feels kinda good! not sure why! See how long it lasts! but i see myself shorting before going long barring something I just think is to cheap not to own but getting harder and harder to find

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2014, 10:46:58 AM »
For the longest time that I can remember I am 100% out of Equities.  Actually feels kinda good! not sure why! See how long it lasts! but i see myself shorting before going long barring something I just think is to cheap not to own but getting harder and harder to find

You bailed on Monif at $0.77?   Tax loss writeoff?

Magclaw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #317 on: July 16, 2014, 10:48:47 AM »

Sorry for the ignorance, but are REITs not Equities? If they are, did you sell your positions?

Again, sorry if it sounds stupid, but I am not a finance expert (trying to improve).
Mag

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #318 on: July 17, 2014, 10:17:15 AM »

Yep! think its a year or two away but long term will be good. If it gets back down around .50 I will get back in barring some changes. Loss for now.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #319 on: July 17, 2014, 10:19:47 AM »

Sorry for the ignorance, but are REITs not Equities? If they are, did you sell your positions?

Again, sorry if it sounds stupid, but I am not a finance expert (trying to improve).
Mag

Yes, ARCP was my largest holding so I took the profits and ran.  I am for now going to do 1 or 2 momentum stocks long or short till this market corrects.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

Yep! think its a year or two away but long term will be good. If it gets back down around .50 I will get back in barring some changes. Loss for now.

Good call all around.   WWIII is about to start in Europe (Russia supplying the weapon to shoot down Malaysia passenger flight will have been the trigger).

I am looking a little bit at gold stocks as they could do quite well during a major war.   Also interested in companies making radiation detectors.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »

The mid size miners are looking good right now both in gold and silver and I think Silver has a little more upside. Seems were on the same page but I think miners is the way to play it.

Good call all around.   WWIII is about to start in Europe (Russia supplying the weapon to shoot down Malaysia passenger flight will have been the trigger).

I am looking a little bit at gold stocks as they could do quite well during a major war.   Also interested in companies making radiation detectors.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
Best one day trade ever!

Yesterday during the Ukraine crisis and biotech weakness I bought 10 contracts of Gilead Jan 2016 $80 calls for $16.10 around 3:45pm EST.   This morning I sold them for $17.40, a $1300 profit in 16 hours.  A upgrade for Gilead presented the opportunity.

I normally don't come that close to day trading but I couldn't resist.    Long term I think Gilead will be above $100 but short term it could be choppy.  I hope it drops back to the lower 80s so I can reload.

TreeTired

• Bristles
  • I think we can make it (We made it!)
« Reply #323 on: July 18, 2014, 09:11:08 AM »
Thoughts on this one.   Reynolds American (RAI) has agreed to buy Lorillard (LO) for a combination of $50.50 cash per share + .2909 shares of RAI, which is currently trading at $58.07, so .2909 shares is worth $16.89,  so the total package is worth $50.50 + $16.89 = $67.39,  and LO is currently trading at $61 per share.  That seems like a pretty big discount to me.   The risks at this point would be the merger being disallowed due to antitrust issues and/or a huge drop in the value of RAI.   I bought 100 LO  at 62 (oops) and another 100 at 60  in my IRA and I already own 200 from much lower levels (40s) as a dividend payer in my taxable account. 

Numbers Man

« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2014, 11:19:28 AM »
I just rang the register with Chipotle at $662 for about a 15% gain. I will try to buy back when there's a dip today.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »
I just rang the register with Chipotle at $662 for about a 15% gain. I will try to buy back when there's a dip today.

I love eating at Chipotle and wanted to buy the stock but it was $280 at the time (which I thought was waay too expensive).

LOL

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #326 on: July 23, 2014, 07:30:02 AM »
Best one day trade ever!

Yesterday during the Ukraine crisis and biotech weakness I bought 10 contracts of Gilead Jan 2016 $80 calls for $16.10 around 3:45pm EST.   This morning I sold them for $17.40, a $1300 profit in 16 hours.  A upgrade for Gilead presented the opportunity.

I normally don't come that close to day trading but I couldn't resist.    Long term I think Gilead will be above $100 but short term it could be choppy.  I hope it drops back to the lower 80s so I can reload.

ROG,

Alot  investors still see a 50% upside from here in Gillead, one i like is Brett Jensen.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2323855-gilead-50-percent-upside-from-here

I am not long the name.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #327 on: July 23, 2014, 08:02:51 AM »
ROG,

Alot  investors still see a 50% upside from here in Gillead, one i like is Brett Jensen.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2323855-gilead-50-percent-upside-from-here

I am not long the name.

Oh yes for sure.   I think it could break $100 this week and I probably left tens of thousands on the table by doing the quick trade but you never know the biotech market.   I still have my $75/$77.50 call spread that expires in Jan 2015...currently worth about $2 per spread but I am going to hold it for the full $2.50 since Gilead is trading at $90 and it is far in the money.   Will make another $5,000 or so on that, so not too painful to see Gilead march higher.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #328 on: July 24, 2014, 07:44:54 AM »
A possible double bottom in the U.S. 10-year note yield on July 17?
Does anyone else out there see a possible double bottom in the U.S. 10-year note yield on July 17 (compared with the previous bottom of May 28)?

I am bidding below the market to my short bond position after today's jobless claims report (which dropped by an unexpected 19,000 jobs).

Position: Trying to go long TBF

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #329 on: July 24, 2014, 07:50:59 AM »
Buyer of TZA at 14.50 and Bidding for SQM below the market

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
I jumped back into Gilead today, buying 20 Jan 2016 $80 calls for $16.90.  I then realized this was $33,800 and sold 10 of them for $17.40  :D

$500 profit on that minus $30 in commissions (ouch).

Gilead blew the socks off of earnings but the stock was flat.  Investors are in a disbelief mode similar to Apple in 2012 when it was blowing away earnings and the stock was staying flat.

Probably when Gilead starts papering the hallways with C notes investors will take notice.   I am going to hold these 10 calls for awhile and try to get $10,000 profit out of them.

Numbers Man

« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2014, 09:44:50 PM »
Actually - I was looking at Gilead today and pondering whether or not to buy it. A lot of growth stocks get ahead of the earnings and disappoint on earnings day. But really perform between earnings date. This stock reminds me of Cisco back in the day when Cisco was hot. I'm still doing my due diligence on this stock.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
The difference was that Cisco was trading at 500B market cap with a PE of 60 and Gilead is trading at 140B with a fwd PE of less than 10.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
Sold the other 10 Gilead calls just now for $17.80, booking another $900 in profit ($886 after commissions).

I love you Gilead.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2014, 07:59:04 AM »
Still sitting on the sidelines doing some light research and or waiting for a few names I want to buy hit there mark.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2014, 08:26:34 AM »
Purchased QID at $46.45. I dont suggest this for the average trader!

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2014, 08:29:37 AM »
Sold the other 10 Gilead calls just now for $17.80, booking another $900 in profit ($886 after commissions).

I love you Gilead.

Bah, Gilead up to over $94 today and those calls are now worth $20+

I hate you Gilead.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #337 on: July 31, 2014, 07:58:33 AM »
QID is running today!!!

Selling half my position in TZA for another nice quick trade

MET and LNC I am going to try and short

In my opinion and its not worth much if I had stock in FB or Twitter I would be exiting my positions.

These are not recommendations just my opinons! do your own research!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:00:43 AM by soccerluvof4 »

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #338 on: July 31, 2014, 08:03:27 AM »
Bon-Ton Stores added Daniel Motulsky to its board of directors.
I wanted to repeat this post from late yesterday in case some of you missed it:

Bon-Ton Stores (BONT) just reported that it has added Daniel Motulsky to its board of directors today.

The interesting thing here is that Motulsky has broad experience in mergers and acquisitions by virtue of his previous post as Global Had of Consumer and Retail at Lazard (LAZ).

I have mentioned BONT several times in the past and seems to be holding at 9$. I am watching this stock and while I am not long am considering to do so soon.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #339 on: July 31, 2014, 08:05:46 AM »
More good news on MONIF this morning....DAMN IT!!!! if the whole market tanks and this name is dragged down with it I will look to re-establisn a long.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #340 on: July 31, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
Selling 1/2 my QID and another 25% of my TZA for nice quick gains.   BONT is fighting the tape. Going to add some money to my index funds today

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #341 on: July 31, 2014, 01:34:55 PM »
Cash out of QID and TZA.....!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #342 on: August 01, 2014, 10:00:13 AM »
GPRO getting hammered today. Never liked the way this stock ran up then tanked than ran up a bit.....staying away!

GILD under 90$ i think would be a gift horse!

Kevin Aster Tin Obin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #343 on: August 01, 2014, 12:53:12 PM »
GPRO getting hammered today. Never liked the way this stock ran up then tanked than ran up a bit.....staying away!

I bought GoPro at IPO with Loyal 3 and sold for quick 50% gain.  Wish I bought a lot more at IPO, but that was first time buying an IPO stock.. glad I got out though..

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #344 on: August 01, 2014, 04:38:20 PM »

Horse, it would be a gift entire Clydesdale team!

I am watching it like a hawk to see if it gets thrown out with the regular market bathwater.

What do you want to own?  A stock making 100% revenue beats, billions per quarter, fwd PE under 10, or Twitter?

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »

Horse, it would be a gift entire Clydesdale team!

I am watching it like a hawk to see if it gets thrown out with the regular market bathwater.

What do you want to own?  A stock making 100% revenue beats, billions per quarter, fwd PE under 10, or Twitter?

ROG,

I'm in your camp! No desire to own any of the Social Media stocks though FB is proving me wrong. Twitter is another story and cant figure out how to make money.  I am working on my shopping list if we ever get that big dump but GILD would be one for sure as of now.

Rob

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »
Anyone have any stake in KORS? I am long with a couple different positions. After crushing earnings today, yet falling 6%, it seems like a screaming buy. I've got a pretty big % in already so I am hesitant to add more, but this company executes again and again and again and crushes estimates every time. They guide low every time, and crush it, yet the sentiment today seems to be concerns with guidance and margins. Just curious if anyone else has thoughts or a bear case.

For example Q1 EPS grew from $0.61 to $0.91. Q2 LY was $0.71, yet they guided $0.85 - $0.87. People have to realize that they are going to destroy that, right? I think they'll easily top $1B in revenue and come in around $0.95 EPS, if not higher. And I really don't see this brand losing any steam through the Holiday season. Eventually the crazy growth will stop but it just doesn't seem like it's happening yet to me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:42:51 PM by Rob »

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #347 on: August 05, 2014, 08:25:08 AM »
Anyone have any stake in KORS? I am long with a couple different positions. After crushing earnings today, yet falling 6%, it seems like a screaming buy. I've got a pretty big % in already so I am hesitant to add more, but this company executes again and again and again and crushes estimates every time. They guide low every time, and crush it, yet the sentiment today seems to be concerns with guidance and margins. Just curious if anyone else has thoughts or a bear case.

For example Q1 EPS grew from $0.61 to $0.91. Q2 LY was $0.71, yet they guided $0.85 - $0.87. People have to realize that they are going to destroy that, right? I think they'll easily top $1B in revenue and come in around $0.95 EPS, if not higher. And I really don't see this brand losing any steam through the Holiday season. Eventually the crazy growth will stop but it just doesn't seem like it's happening yet to me.

Retail is sketchy at best right now so other than perhaps getting into BONT for different reasons I am not in any. Having said that I only know that COH did a much better job in its inventory than KORS and knowing that even when things go to shit...the rich still spend so I would be a buyer of COH.  But right now I wouldnt own either for just some of the reasons I mentioned. In fairness I havent studied the stocks for these reasons but good luck!!

AssetGrinder

• Stubble
    • Asset-Grinder Finance Blog
« Reply #348 on: August 05, 2014, 04:57:33 PM »
Bought 1000 shares at apple today at 94.86. Then I bought August 14 $99 calls. Looking to get in and out fully expecting to get called.I will catch the dividend of 47 cents as well on this. If I dont get called Imma keep writing till I do out of the money. Fun way to play with 95k lol. Wish me luck!

I am normally a dividend investor guy but been mulling this idea since July 31 and today I jumped on it.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »
Bought 1000 shares at apple today at 94.86. Then I bought August 14 $99 calls. Looking to get in and out fully expecting to get called.I will catch the dividend of 47 cents as well on this. If I dont get called Imma keep writing till I do out of the money. Fun way to play with 95k lol. Wish me luck!

I am normally a dividend investor guy but been mulling this idea since July 31 and today I jumped on it.

I am going to assume you mean you sold August $99 calls, not bought them.

You can also sell puts and not buy the stock at all.  You won't collect a dividend but the put premium may be high enough to cover this.  There are fewer transactions with selling a put, especially if it expires worthless.

As an example, I have sold 5 Jan 2015 $100 puts on Gilead.   I collected $13 premium for selling the puts ($6500) and I get to keep it without buying any stock if Gilead is above $100 when they expire.  If it goes up past $100 sooner than that, then I will buy back the puts I sold, probably for $5 each and pocket $3500 instead of $6500 but freeing up money I have set aside for this trade.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:47:45 PM by Roland of Gilead »