Author Topic: Active investors/Day Traders Thread  (Read 127581 times)

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Active investors/Day Traders Thread
« Reply #250 on: May 06, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »
I added to my TC holdings near the close at $2.57 because it is just ridiculously cheap and has been overlooked by the analysts.  The price of molybdenum oxide has climbed from under $10 a pound to over $13 a pound in the past two months.  All of the analysts have modeled TC on $10 moly, $3 copper, $1200 gold.  We now have $13+ moly, $3 copper and $1300 gold

TC will mine 28 million pounds of moly in 2014, meaning over $80,000,000 more dollars will flow to the bottom line than expected.  Couple that with a faster ramp up of the Mount Milligan gold and copper mine and you have the makings of a killer stock price spike.

I will post back after May 13 CC but I expect the stock will open 15% to 30% higher on May 14.  My guess would be $3.25 a share which is a decent move from the current $2.57.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2014, 05:07:54 AM »
Shorting YAHOO on ALibabas Ipo. I dont believe the IPO will be sucessfull as 75% of Ipos have failed thus far. Here is why I thought yesterday was a good idea to short Yahoo.

Holding companies (which Yahoo! is) trade at a discount to net asset value.
You have to take into account tax liability, which few are (on stock sales and shares of Alibaba not sold).
Yahoo!'s core business is stagnating.
Yahoo! has not proven to be a good capital allocator.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:59:39 AM by soccerluvof4 »

smedleyb

• Bristles
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2014, 08:16:23 AM »
Just bought first small tranche of TWTR at 30.16.  Hello falling knife. 

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2014, 08:22:26 AM »
Taking profits from Yahoo and put more $ to work in INN. Hotel prices are getting nuts and this bolds well for this operator as well as it has a nice divy which i mentioned before of 4.90%. Support seems to be around 9$

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »

It isn't getting the buyers I thought it might.   Maybe later today or tomorrow it will bounce.

smedleyb

• Bristles
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2014, 09:36:58 AM »

It isn't getting the buyers I thought it might.   Maybe later today or tomorrow it will bounce.

I'm pairing the trade against a small SPY short position (SDS).  Way too volatile to risk large amounts, IMO.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:39:19 AM by smedleyb »

smedleyb

• Bristles
« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »
TWTR feels like it want to break $30.  Will that (a move to $27-29)  be the final flush?

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
TWTR feels like it want to break $30.  Will that (a move to $27-29)  be the final flush?

I got out with a $70 loss.   It just didn't have the bouncy feel I wanted after a 20% drop.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2014, 02:50:57 PM »
27/30 loading the truck on OCN

Any bounce in TSLA makes for a good short in my view

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
27/30 loading the truck on OCN

Any bounce in TSLA makes for a good short in my view

Bounce?  It is tanking after the earnings...

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2014, 04:54:30 AM »
Thats why i said if it bounces.....meaning after it tanks! lol. Buoyed only by currency gains.
It was another poor-quality earnings report from Tesla (TSLA) with a $6.7 million currency gain buoying results. Much like last quarter's warranty reversal, the company would have missed earnings relative to consensus.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2014, 05:00:56 AM »
ROG....u posted about MONIF on Bubble thread! Having said that, MONIF is my super spec play and I will add on any weakness strong support at 80 i would back truck up!  If i am right , which I think i am . This stock over the next 3 years will be a 5 bagger. I dont care about it trading 12xs right now.  I say ACCUMULATE! .  :-)   

Actually i don't recommended any stocks and when it comes to spec stocks particularly there is more risk!! Do your own homework your money just my thoughts!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »
The news on New homes is dismal lately if you ask me and might be time to looking at shorting names like Beazer Homes (BZH) is the most leveraged of the homebuilders, so it is at the top of the list. The debt-to-equity ratio is over 6, and the company does not earn the interest due on its debt right now. Beazer serves the first-time and first-move-up buyer, and that's the weakest part of the market right now. This segment will not improve until we see more full-time, better-paying jobs created. At 2.2x book value, the stock is not cheap at this level either. or The situation is similar at KB Home (KBH). The stock is not very cheap, as it trades at 2.4x book value, and the debt-to-equity ratio is 2.4. KB Home had a solid profit last quarter, but it was the result of huge price increases in Western markets while unit sales actually declined a bit in the region.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #263 on: May 08, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »
This product will be rolling out http://www.finextra.com/news/fullstory.aspx?NewsItemID=25958 with a huge push from Telefoncia (another one of MOIF customers).

What I think people are missing is the network effect that gets created if they can get mobile commerce going. That is transformative for the company -- not just new revenue but massively reinforces barriers to entry, increases ARPU and creates a truly unique offering.

Getting retailers on board gets more banks/telcos which improves retailer economics for offers. So the retailer wins and successful Telefonica deployment become really critical.

We go from being a cost reducing mobile banking platform to a true revenue generating platform with geometrically improving margins.

Not sure how much people are focused on this -- everyone knows mobile payments/commerce is next step but not sure people understand how much it changes revenue model.

If this is a successful roll out by Telefonica, et al., Monitise's sales and profits will be far stronger than anyone believes at the current time.

Long and adding to MONIF

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2014, 04:58:48 AM »
Yesterday...Thursday I felt i didn't own any or the right stocks! :-)  There are days like that.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #265 on: May 09, 2014, 08:01:31 AM »
Nibbling on some ISH. Already owning shares now is a good time to add in my view with yield now over 4%. The stock was oversold by my view at 26 an change and believe its finding its bottom here. ISH has so many advantages with the Jones act and all so will remain in my long term portfolio. Not to mention the stock trades if my memory serves me right around 60% to book .  But in being  becareful with my view of the overall market,  my buys are smaller than normal

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #266 on: May 09, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
Haven't been active lately, tried a short on HZNP a few days ago with too tight a stop and was stopped out yesterday. Most likely I won't try another short, as this market is not conducive to my method and I'm really just playing around on these shorts. Still have 1/2 my FLDM short on, probably won't cover till the mid to low $20s.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2014, 07:42:35 AM »
I added to my TC holdings near the close at $2.57 because it is just ridiculously cheap and has been overlooked by the analysts.  The price of molybdenum oxide has climbed from under $10 a pound to over $13 a pound in the past two months.  All of the analysts have modeled TC on $10 moly, $3 copper, $1200 gold.  We now have $13+ moly, $3 copper and $1300 gold

TC will mine 28 million pounds of moly in 2014, meaning over $80,000,000 more dollars will flow to the bottom line than expected.  Couple that with a faster ramp up of the Mount Milligan gold and copper mine and you have the makings of a killer stock price spike.

I will post back after May 13 CC but I expect the stock will open 15% to 30% higher on May 14.  My guess would be $3.25 a share which is a decent move from the current $2.57.

TC has exploded up today 7%.  Molybdenum broke through $14 a pound which puts millions more directly into profits at TC.  Moly was trading at under $10 a pound a few months ago so this is like gold going from $1000 to $1400 in a couple of months.

I sold off a little bit today at $2.82 but am still very heavy in TC.  It has pushed my YTD market return to over 34%.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2014, 07:49:23 AM »

TC has exploded up today 7%.  Molybdenum broke through $14 a pound which puts millions more directly into profits at TC.  Moly was trading at under $10 a pound a few months ago so this is like gold going from $1000 to $1400 in a couple of months.

I sold off a little bit today at $2.82 but am still very heavy in TC.  It has pushed my YTD market return to over 34%.

Nice!!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2014, 09:06:32 AM »
Buy a half position of TZA for the umpteenth time. Why? why not!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #270 on: May 12, 2014, 09:19:42 AM »
Small short on the QQQ's

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »
Buy a half position of TZA for the umpteenth time. Why? why not!

Did you buy below $17?

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #272 on: May 12, 2014, 10:02:05 AM »

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #273 on: May 12, 2014, 01:36:26 PM »
Thompson Creek (TC) now up to $2.86 (9.5%) before the earnings release after hours today.  The important thing will be the CC tomorrow at 10am.

I just unloaded a few more thousand shares at $2.86 to lock in some gains but am holding 12000 through earnings.  Those have the lowest cost basis (under $2 a share).  Of course all of this is in my Roth IRA so who cares.

Normally I would have held all 20,000 shares but I tend to take some profits even if I don't get the top price.   A very good chance TC will be $3+ tomorrow and I will have missed out on $1,500 or so from the shares I sold early.  Dems the breaks.

diesel15

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #274 on: May 12, 2014, 02:27:33 PM »
Newbie to the thread and board.  Really interesting stuff guys.  Thanks for sharing.

Just a quick intro about my trading style.  I'm somewhere between a day trader and a buy and hold investor.  I'm not a frequent trader but my holds last anywhere from a few hours to years depending on the opportunity presented. 

Anyway, I noticed the mention of SDRL and VTG in the thread and was interested in hearing any thoughts on PACD.  To me PACD is the most attractive company in the sector with the age of their fleet, avg. dayrates, and lower rig operating costs.  PACD rigs are also the only rigs capable of handling dual gradient drilling so they have a significant market edge here.  I'm long both SDRL and PACD myself.  VTG has too much debt for my liking at the moment.  Curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on PACD?

smedleyb

• Bristles
« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2014, 02:36:45 PM »
Stopped out of SDS position this morning for loss vs. TWTR long which I plan to hold for now. 

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #276 on: May 12, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »
Interesting Thompson Creek Metals (TC) accidentally released a fact sheet that had the earnings numbers.  A few of us found this on the website but I didn't have an account that could trade after hours.  The rest of the market found out a few minutes later and shares are up to $2.96 from a close of $2.82 on the $0.10 beat.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2014, 04:17:59 AM »
Interesting Thompson Creek Metals (TC) accidentally released a fact sheet that had the earnings numbers.  A few of us found this on the website but I didn't have an account that could trade after hours.  The rest of the market found out a few minutes later and shares are up to $2.96 from a close of $2.82 on the $0.10 beat.
Newbie to the thread and board.  Really interesting stuff guys.  Thanks for sharing.

Just a quick intro about my trading style.  I'm somewhere between a day trader and a buy and hold investor.  I'm not a frequent trader but my holds last anywhere from a few hours to years depending on the opportunity presented. 

Anyway, I noticed the mention of SDRL and VTG in the thread and was interested in hearing any thoughts on PACD.  To me PACD is the most attractive company in the sector with the age of their fleet, avg. dayrates, and lower rig operating costs.  PACD rigs are also the only rigs capable of handling dual gradient drilling so they have a significant market edge here.  I'm long both SDRL and PACD myself.  VTG has too much debt for my liking at the moment.  Curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on PACD?

Making $ ROG !! Nice Job

Diesel welcome to the thread. Not familiar with PACD. My Trading style is similar to yours.
In the energy sector i have been in and out of names like SDRL and RIG but currently long and staying in names like NE, ESV, KMI, granted not all the same but I am overweight energy currently.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #278 on: May 14, 2014, 07:30:05 AM »
Below is a summary of the recent Barclays report on Monitise:

Monitise

The route to scale, strategy evolving

As with all hyperconnected business models, the relevancy is based on the amount of connections (i.e. users). In addition, the information-using industries such as retail banks will have to change their distribution model, and mobile offers this opportunity. The strategic change Monitise announced in March should accommodate this and reduce the technical and financial adoption burden by moving to a more standardised architecture and usage-based pricing model. Its success will now simply come down to its ability to ramp users, and this has made the valuation of this stock more difficult.

In this note we show a valuation range of 74-154p and we reinstate our Price Target at 75p and our rating at Overweight.

Clear target in place...

Following the raise MONI is targeting 200m users at an average ARPU of £2.50 by 2018. In addition, it targets an 80% user generated mix and 30% EBITDA margin which suggests a pro-forma EBITDA of £200m and EPS of 7.8p....

but that is easy part...

Our market analysis supports MONI's goals and it suggests 10% global share in 2018.

However to achieve this ambitious user number Monitise will have to make changes to: i) the architecture of the product to reduce the integration burden; ii) change the pricing structure; iii) beef up the sales organisation (both direct and 3rd party), and iv) potentially make some operational management changes....

short term pain...

Given the investments to achieve this and the change in pricing model (to transaction based), we have adjusted our near-term estimates to reflect this. Our new EBITDA forecasts significantly exceed our old from 2H18 onwards....

What to focus on?

Given that user growth will not accelerate meaningfully before 2H15, we expect the market will increasingly focus on deal announcements. This will make the stock more prone to sentiment and hence more volatile, in our view. MONI in the right spot....

it's now about execution...

Similar to other information-driven industries like media, software and gaming, the banking industry will also see rapid digitalisation. Monitise's mobile strategy can accommodate this and increase revenue for clients via m-commerce. But it needs a substantial network, and accelerated user growth is essential. We believe Monitise is pursuing the right strategy to scale and drive profitability in the longer-term.

We reinstate our OW rating and GBP 0.75 PT.

Long: my spec play MONIF

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #279 on: May 14, 2014, 07:43:39 AM »
Took my 6% quick profit in TZA. Had alot riding on it so overall nice return.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #280 on: May 14, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
I took some TC off the table today (8000 shares) at $3.  Yesterday for some reason it dipped to 2.68 during the CC and I bought 4000 shares at $2.70.  Never can catch the low or high of the day but $1200 for a day's holding works for me.  Inching my way up...36.4% return ytd.

Still holding a good chunk of TC because this dog ain't tired yet.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #281 on: May 15, 2014, 07:54:35 AM »
More good news for Montise!

http://www.monitise.com/news/press_releases?id=907 

Long: Monif and buying any dips!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #282 on: May 15, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »
Early on taking it in the chin today. Looks as of now a chance of a full fledged panic today. Good time to be in cash to be opportunistic. Might be time to swing at some fat pitches soon if this keeps up.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2014, 05:56:04 AM »
I liked this:

If the U.S. stock market were a song, it would be The Grateful Dead's "Brokedown Palace."

More importantly, as it relates to your own investments:

Err on the side of conservatism.
Maintain above-average cash balances.
Be diversified across company and industry lines.
Rationally consider reward vs. risk in every investment you make and holding you have.
Ignore those pundits/advisers/commentators who are self-confident in view. The only certainty is the lack of certainty (these days).
Consider being a contrarian who ignores the market's emotional responses.
Avoid the business media's hyperbole.
Don't be afraid to buy panic, and use euphoria as an opportunity to sell.
Seek investment freedom by doing your own homework.
Read every word written by Warren Buffett. It is useful to go back to his old annual letters to Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A/BRK.B) investors.
Spend time on your investments; don't take short cuts -- particularly after a near trebling in the S&P 500 since March 2009.
There is a place for speculative investments in your portfolio -- also for conservative investments.
Invest within your means -- develop and stand by your own specific risk profile and investment/trading time frames.
And always remember that you worked hard to earn your investment capital.
"So we are pretty convinced that we don't want to play huge stadiums unless we play well."

-- Jerry Garcia.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2014, 08:33:44 AM »
Finally able to scale in on BONT. Gabellie raised his stake as well.  Been waiting for awhile to get going on this name.

Long: BONT

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »
I edged back into ECYT (Endocyte) today.  Yes a risky biotech with cancer drug pipeline but they have more cash on hand than market cap and recently fell from $21 a share to my buy price of $6.40 so the resistance to a pop is almost non existent.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »
Big Beat by DDS (Dilllards) today! Why is this good...one of the many reasons to like BONT. It is rumored DDS wants to buy BONT. Dont ever buy on rumors BUT alot of good stuff if you do your homework circling BONT these days!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #287 on: May 20, 2014, 07:19:20 AM »
BONT is looking good and more good news one Montise. From the Street of Dreams
BTIG has initiated MONITISE with a buy rating and a price target of 92 pence (+46% upside).
Enjoy the day!

Long: BONT , MONIF

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2014, 02:36:44 PM »
Yuck day! did nothing but got yard work done and few other chores.  TXMD is looking like it might be finding a bottom for you Bio-Med guys. I am maybe looking at nibbling tomorrow.

Guys here is the BTIG Monitise summary.

Monitise
Initiating Coverage at BUY with 92p Price Target; Well
Positioned to Benefit from Mobile Money Opportunity
 We believe Monitise Plc (AIM: MONI; OTC: MONIF) – a
business-to-business (B2B) mobile banking and technology
business that connects the user interface on mobile phones
and tablets to a banking or payments infrastructure – is
uniquely positioned to be the leader in helping banks to adapt
to the rise of mobile banking in both developed and emerging
markets. Unlike those companies attempting to circumvent
the existing payments infrastructure, MONI has created a
mobile pathway to it.
 We are initiating coverage of Monitise with a BUY
recommendation and a price target of 92p based on 12x FY18
EBITDA of £200mm discounted back at 8%. We believe
MON)􀇯s scalability and alignment with the growth of mobile
money should enable it to meet its goals of 200mm+ users,
£2.50 ARPU and 30%+ EBITDA margins and by June 2018. (It
had 28mm users as of December 31, up 40% year-over-year.)
 While MON)􀇯s early presence in the mobile money space
provides it with first-mover advantage, its partnerships with
Visa Inc. (V – Not Rated), Visa Europe and MasterCard (MC –
Not Rated) provide it with stability and credibility.
 MON)􀇯s new subscription- and transaction-based model aligns
the company􀇯s future growth with the rapid growth of mobile
money rather than with enterprise IT spending (as had
previously been the case), enhancing its long-term potential.
 MON)􀇯s industry-leading technology and the global network it
has built make it an attractive acquisition target, in our view.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2014, 07:56:42 AM »
Despite an expected miss being more than expected.. BONT is up another 6% and 12% since I made note of buying it last week. Shaving off 1/4 of my shares now.

Stock is loved for alot of reasons!

Long: BONT
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:24:45 PM by soccerluvof4 »

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2014, 11:07:12 AM »
Now Forbes recognizes my favorite Spec MONIF

http://www.monitise.com/news/press_releases?id=908 

Long: MONIF and getting longer!

k-vette

• Bristles
    • Bolton Ebikes
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »
Purchase AT yesterday around 3.25.  Up 5% today.  Will continue to hold until after dividend ex next week then decide how many to sell.   I think it has potential to keep rising, although slowly.

k-vette

• Bristles
    • Bolton Ebikes
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2014, 11:26:48 AM »
Jumped up!  Put a trailing stop at .03 and sold at 3.70.  Very nice return for 2 days.

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2014, 08:00:50 AM »
Forgot about this thread...haha. Got in RH on 6/16 after the big gap up on big volume. Thinking this could run for a while if the market holds up.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2014, 08:16:04 AM »
Thread seems to have gotten quiet since Monif declined 18%.   I hope the OP didn't have too much invested in one stock.

k-vette

• Bristles
    • Bolton Ebikes
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
Eyeing DARA.  Havent purchased yet.  Im a small trader and need to choose wisely.  Dont like purchasing anything I wouldnt hold if needed.  And I wouldnt hold this one ling term.  Will see where it goes.

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2014, 08:27:03 AM »
Placed my first trades based on technical analysis this am. Scared shitless.  All my back testing shows it will be real good (long term-based on past performance...).  Out of sample results match in sample results, paper traded last two weeks with good results.  But still is real money on the line now.  Stop losses in place.  Paper trading I learned what volatility really is.  Will need to balance staying informed with staying calm.  Risking nothing I cant afford to loose, but would still suck.

Question to the active traders: how much do those around you know about your investing tactics?  I have told no one yet.  I dont want some friend of a friend thinking I have a magic formula that will make him a million next week.  But also I want to give some explanation why I might be on edge some given day.  I guess the fundamental traders have it easy in this regard, 'you want to make money like I do?  Read Graham and Dodd'.

Vorpal

• Stubble
« Reply #297 on: July 07, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »
Scared shitless...
Will need to balance staying informed with staying calm...
I want to give some explanation why I might be on edge some given day...

Based on your commentary, I feel that you're risking more than you are really comfortable with.

JoJoP

• Bristles
« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »
Hi, I just dropped in to read this thread and wanted to introduce myself.  I am a novice investor who hopes to learn more.    I have a few bucks in IRA's and another few in a trade account.  I recently discovered that my "money manager" at RBC had our IRA's in mutual funds with back load fees (UGGHHHH!!).  So I cashed those funds in and have been investing the money.  So far it's been almost 2 years since my very first trade. 

It's mostly going well, but I made two huge boo boos-- one a big investment in precious metals right before they dropped, and the other in Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac.   I'm just holding on hoping these stocks go up eventually.  But, ouch!  I didn't realize it could be so much like gambling!  My Fannie and Freddy stock was bought the day before the big drop, oops! That was a really painful way to learn caution.   Luckily my other, more prudent choices are showing nice, steady increases and have minimized the loss of those mistakes. 

I have joined an investment club and read quite a bit, but still a beginner. 

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2014, 06:07:07 PM »
Thread seems to have gotten quiet since Monif declined 18%.   I hope the OP didn't have too much invested in one stock.

ahhhh...No worries. In fact added to MONIF today. This isnt a trade but an investment!!!

Shorted the QQQ's  Today!

Been doing more selling of longs than buying.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!