Author Topic: How to post hyperlinks?  (Read 360 times)

maisymouser

• Bristles
How to post hyperlinks?
« on: January 04, 2022, 08:03:20 AM »
Maybe a dumb question, but how do I post links within a post but change the text? E.g.:

The link I want to post is:
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/real-estate-and-landlording/fsbo-pros-cons-90-yr-old's-home-your-thoughts-how-to-start-or-not

But I want to rename the link to short text. AKA make the link itself say simply "FSBO pros & cons - 90 yr old's home - your thoughts - how to start or not?"

I'm sure this is an easy answer. Played around for 5 min without figuring it out.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
Re: How to post hyperlinks?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 02:52:01 PM »
Maybe a dumb question, but how do I post links within a post but change the text? E.g.:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/real-estate-and-landlording/fsbo-pros-cons-90-yr-old's-home-your-thoughts-how-to-start-or-not

But I want to rename the link to short text. AKA make the link itself say simply "FSBO pros & cons - 90 yr old's home - your thoughts - how to start or not?"

I'm sure this is an easy answer. Played around for 5 min without figuring it out.
As in the following?  FSBO pros & cons - 90 yr old's home - your thoughts - how to start or not?

The "short text" goes after the first "]" and before the second "[".

maisymouser

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 05:54:41 PM »

As in the following?  FSBO pros & cons - 90 yr old's home - your thoughts - how to start or not?

The "short text" goes after the first "]" and before the second "[".

Ah, now that I view the formatting in your reply (quote), I see now that my issue was that I didn't ASSIGN the url in the first followed by the short text, then finally the] portion.

For future readers of this thread, the formatting is [url=LINK HERE] followed by the short text, then finally the
ending.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 07:39:37 PM »
Linking articles into forum posts - Bogleheads.org has some suggestions for Firefox and Chrome browser add-ons that make this an easier process.

terran

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 08:13:01 AM »
If you don't want to remember the formatting then it's the button above the text input box with what looks like a globe and piece of paper (bottom row, second from the left).