Author Topic: How To Ignore Specific Users  (Read 3975 times)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
How To Ignore Specific Users
« on: August 08, 2017, 12:17:44 PM »
If a user is abusive or very problematic please report to moderators. However, if there is a user that you find personally frustrating to you or that you can't play nicely with, consider making sparing use of the ignore user feature:

For everyone, there is a block user feature if people drive you to frustration. Normally I'd say let it run, but this is a stickied thread that should be useful and it's now several pages full of bickering.

I'd like to do that, but I can't find the option on this forum.  Are you maybe thinking of another forum (which I hesitate to name to help ensure that it does not similarly become afflicted)?

Click on your profile, then hover over the "modify profile" button, then move down to the last option "buddies/ignore list." I finally had to do this with one user and my experience on the forums improved significantly.

With pictures:

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
Re: How To Ignore Specific Users
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »
This is fantastic, thank you.

Bye bye arebelspy!

PS - ;) jk!

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 06:11:44 AM »
Unfortunately that didn't work for a certain user (1wij5suoc), who is spamming the whole forum! 32 pages of new unread posts because of this.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 06:44:42 AM »
It does work as designed for the two spambots we picked up overnight - if you click on one, you'll see a message saying "you're blocking this user" and you'll have the option to read anyway. Unfortunately, "ignore" doesn't affect the list of new messages.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!