Author Topic: Can't edit my profile  (Read 2678 times)

gmdv

• Stubble
  • Hermit Wannabe
Can't edit my profile
« on: July 22, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
I use a tablet to access this site and noticed that I can't access the profile menu. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this beside using a desktop?

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Can't edit my profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 01:20:31 PM »
What, specifically is happening when you tap "Profile" on your browser?

Does it go to the "Profile Summary" screen?  Does it show the drop-down, and not go anywhere?  Something else?

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 01:31:43 PM »
One thing you could do is use the Tapatalk App.  The forum website isn't that far on the "Mobile-optimization" spectrum.

I suspect the issue you're having is that when you go to your profile summary, and click on "Modify Profile", nothing happens, or the menu flashes and goes away before you can do much of anything.  Whereas on a computer with a regular mouse, you hover and then select on the options.  You can't really "hover" on a touch-screen, so the browsers interperet things to make a best guess, because so many CSS menus rely on that hover event to work.

If any admins see this, in my experience, using href="#", rather than href="" that is currently on the "Modify Profile" button should clear this, if this is in fact what is happening.

gmdv

• Stubble
  • Hermit Wannabe
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 02:29:13 PM »
I suspect the issue you're having is that when you go to your profile summary, and click on "Modify Profile", nothing happens, or the menu flashes and goes away before you can do much of anything.  Whereas on a computer with a regular mouse, you hover and then select on the options.  You can't really "hover" on a touch-screen, so the browsers interperet things to make a best guess, because so many CSS menus rely on that hover event to work.

Yes, this is exactly the problem. Thanks for the suggestion dandarc, I'll take a look at that app.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »
The app does give a better mobile reading experience, at least on my phone.  Haven't tried to edit my profile via the app - that may or may not work.

Neal300

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 06:53:41 AM »
One thing you could do is use the Tapatalk App.  The forum website isn't that far on the "Mobile-optimization" spectrum.

If any admins see this, in my experience, using href="#", rather than href="" that is currently on the "Modify Profile" button should clear this, if this is in fact what is happening.
Same problem here.But thank you for your help.Really it is working now.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!