Author Topic: Project24 blogging course...does anyone have experience with this?  (Read 4793 times)

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
I heard the 2 guys who have the IncomeSchool.com business on a podcast recently (the Successfully Unemployed Show). They apparently teach people how to set up successful blogs and YouTube channels, monetize well, and manage to create income.

On their website there's a link to Project24, which is a course (including 60 steps and plenty of other content) that they say will teach/coach you to create and monetize a website that will replace your day job income in 24 months.

Anyone know anything about this? The price at this point is $399. Has anyone paid this and gone through this process?

Extra question - out of the tons of resources out there for bloggers, can anyone recommend their favorites, especially for wannabe-bloggers like me (super tech-stupid and experienced with blogging fail).

Thanks!

spaniard999

• Stubble
    • Longing for Travel
Re: Project24 blogging course...does anyone have experience with this?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 11:27:05 AM »
Hi Marcia,

I personally don't believe in such courses. There is plenty of information on internet.
I started a blog recently. I had some issues here and there and the hardest part is to start and be consistent.

If you have a tech problem we can probably help you with that here. (There is also lots of info about this in internet)

Here is my beginner blog if you are curious. I started it at the end of February.

https://www.longingfortravel.com/

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 11:55:30 AM »
Thanks aalferez, and nice blog!

FIbutnoRE

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Dreamer of dreams, chaser of things
    • buy my time
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 07:21:42 AM »
I'm with aalferez, that site looks pretty scammy. It's worth noting that they probably generate substantial income from their sites. They appear to mostly be amazon affiliate links. I've got a friend in that business and it takes a while to get a property producing but he makes 4k/month from it. I asked him how he felt about making money from a site that just sends people to amazon and he compared it to owning a rental home. He wouldn't want to live there, but he has no problem making money from it. To each his own.

More on the helpful side, I do believe in identifying experts who can help you along the way. There are many, many free resources available that can help you as you are getting started. I'd encourage you to strike up a conversation with the hosts of the best content you find with specific questions. 1 on 1 conversations has been really key to building my businesses. For example, I wanted to increase my traffic through instagram. There are thousands of sites on how to do that. I have a friend who runs a high traffic instagram account in the salon space. I offered her $20 for 15 minutes of her time and it saved me 5-6 hours of researching what tools to use because I was able to ask her specific questions. If you have specific questions, this approach can be very powerful.

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 07:29:02 AM »
Wonderful ideas, thank you!

UshB37

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 03:35:02 AM »
Hey, a bit late on here, but have any of you listen to all their courses? Are they actually useful? I feel like if you have some motivation this is something that you can really go a long way with. I've started a blog, mostly for myself, during quarantine, because living alone and dealing with months of isolation is not so great on mental health. I learned how to create a site with an online builder, I learned how to properly write posts and tell stories and it somehow blew up to my surprise. Some courses about blog management would be really great right now.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 05:49:53 AM by UshB37 »

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
  • Older than the internet, but not wiser... yet
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 11:45:13 PM »
ptf

Hostvf1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 05:33:14 AM »
Hey, a bit late on here, but have any of you listen to all their courses? Are they actually useful? I feel like if you have some motivation this is something that you can really go a long way with. I've started a blog, mostly for myself, during quarantine, because living alone and dealing with months of isolation is not so great on mental health. There is a well-established sales forecasting software system where the machine does all the dirty work for the man.
All underwriters are the same except for the terms of the deals and the length of participation. I can't even argue about it since I started saving on exchange rates and qoutes that go back into my pocket a long time ago.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:23:17 AM by Hostvf1 »

HalfDollar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 07:50:55 AM »
They give a lot of good free info on their YouTube channel. I don't know if the additional is worth paying for.