Author Topic: PayPal Help  (Read 2344 times)

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
PayPal Help
« on: June 02, 2020, 01:15:00 PM »
Hi Everyone,

So, I started a small business editing academic papers. I've had a few clients, which is exciting, but I'm having problems with PayPal.

On May 27, one of my clients sent me a payment. It's been 'pending review' ever since then. I've tried contacting PayPal through their message center and via email. They can't or won't tell me why it's under review, or when the review will be completed. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm not getting any answers. :(

Is anyone else having this problem?

Junco

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: PayPal Help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 05:48:25 AM »
I too recently started receiving payments for by business via PayPal. They limited my account after receiving a number of payments an made me submit information about myself (driver's license, business purpose, proof of delivery, etc). Did you receive any emails requesting additional information about you?

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 02:58:55 PM »
No, I haven't received any emails asking for any additional information. :/ 

PayPal has it listed as 'pending review' but refuses to give me any information about why it's under review or when the review will be finished. I'm trying to be patient because it's the year of Covid-19 and everybody is scrambling to figure out new systems, but they're being really dismissive.

travel2020

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 05:58:29 PM »
Have you verified your information (email etc.) and setup your profile completely? I use PayPal for personal and business and had an issue early on due to unconfirmed email and some missing details like tax ID.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 07:59:06 AM »
I've had PayPal for over a decade and have received and sent money in the past. So has my client.

My client is in the UAE if that makes any difference.

Junco

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 11:56:12 AM »
That sounds like a frustrating situation but I have faith that it will resolve itself, especially if PayPal are not responding to your emails. Hopefully you don't need that payment ASAP and it sitting in PayPal limbo for a while is okay with you. Frustrating, but I'm sure it'll work out.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 03:31:46 PM »
I don't need it immediately. It's just frustrating, and it means that I might need to find a new payment system if I have any other clients overseas.

maisymouser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 06:36:13 PM »
My friend had a nightmarish experience with Paypal last month. They have essentially no customer service from what I can tell, and their message center is full of agents who have no real clue.

She ended up getting her $ but I would advise to use almost any other service until they restore their customer service centers...

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »
Just a quick update: PayPal finally released my money back on June 20. They were rather rude to my client, and I am not in a hurry to do business through them again.

9-Volt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 09:28:39 AM »
Hey I know this is a older thread but I deal with the UAE all the time. It takes forever to get money from that area of the world. It may not have been paypals fault. I regularly have money held for a up to a month whether it comes via CC or wire transfers. They also usually fail to tell why the money is being held, which is crap. I think it is mostly that they have to prove it doesn't come from any subversive groups.

kay02

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 02:05:42 PM »
Hey I know this is a older thread but I deal with the UAE all the time. It takes forever to get money from that area of the world. It may not have been paypals fault. I regularly have money held for a up to a month whether it comes via CC or wire transfers. They also usually fail to tell why the money is being held, which is crap. I think it is mostly that they have to prove it doesn't come from any subversive groups.
I've dealt with this too, not UAE specifically, but sometimes it takes a while for certain foreign transactions to clear in PayPal.  My longest was around a month I think, but I just ignore it until it comes through.  Annoying though.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 07:12:29 PM »
My client forwarded me the emails he sent to PayPal asking for an explanation and help. They didn't explain a blessed thing, and in one instance the woman who replied to him was downright rude.

I assumed that between Covid and the fact that the payment was from overseas it would take a while, but still. PayPal refused to talk to me, and they were rude to my client. I am not impressed.

I've done some other projects for him since, and we found another system that works much better.