Author Topic: I can make starter website - ecommerce/simple static pages  (Read 706 times)

shortduck

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I can make starter website - ecommerce/simple static pages
« on: August 31, 2021, 06:43:15 AM »
Hello,

I just want everyone know I can help small businesses to make their first starter website or a small e-commerce website.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks

Michael in ABQ

• Handlebar Stache
    • Military Saints
Re: I can make starter website - ecommerce/simple static pages
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 04:18:27 PM »
I may be in the market for a simple one page site. I'm starting a new brand for my existing ecommerce business and just need a simple page on that domain to be able to link to. I'm still working on the trademark and need to get a logo designed to put on the product to show it's in use.

Kroaler

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 04:52:06 PM »
Hello,

I just want everyone know I can help small businesses to make their first starter website or a small e-commerce website.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks

Ive been looking for someone with skills in this space to ask some questions if you have time. 

From a value based perspective, what do you recommend the average entrepreneur do for their website?   There are several phases in the business cycle and many businesses cant afford a full on custom website during startup.

Many people start with something like Wix then if the business grows they can afford to do better later.  I've also read programmers hate that approach. 

So if you were starting a business, any business and you didnt have your special skill set, what would you recommend to the average person for their website and the progression path? What are the milestones that you have outgrown a system and need to upgrade?

HalfDollar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 06:58:35 PM »
Ive been looking for someone with skills in this space to ask some questions if you have time. 

From a value based perspective, what do you recommend the average entrepreneur do for their website?   There are several phases in the business cycle and many businesses cant afford a full on custom website during startup.

Many people start with something like Wix then if the business grows they can afford to do better later.  I've also read programmers hate that approach. 

So if you were starting a business, any business and you didnt have your special skill set, what would you recommend to the average person for their website and the progression path? What are the milestones that you have outgrown a system and need to upgrade?

I'm not the OP, but I think that your typical small business owner should pay for a small and affordable site, and probably spend some money on their social media presence. A site priced around $75-150 could still be decent. To an extent, it depends on what type of business.

Definitely get a mobile-friendly site.

I would avoid a specific platform or system unless you need those features.

colinarnoldjt13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 12:46:06 AM »
When I have started my own business, I didn't have time to build my site, especially as it requires a lot of time. Fortunately, I have a friend who built it for me. I had to deal with a lot of paperwork and also needed many stamps.

travel2020

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 10:04:28 PM »

Depends on what you are looking to do. If just a very basic site with static text, you could probably get by with the starter sites offered by various hosting sites where you purchase your domain name.

If your plan is to grow into a site that has forms, e-commerce and such, it might be better to start with a framework such as Wordpress that offers plugins for just about everything and look & feel can be very customized with templates.

I’ve used upwork.com to hire freelance website devs for creating basic Wordpress based sites a few times and the cost has been quite reasonable. For the simplest site it was around $100 or so and for the more advanced with some e-commerce type setup, it was around $300 or so. Note you will need to do (or pay) for some ongoing maintenance and expense for hosting so the cost does add up over time. Once you are setup and familiar with the basics, it’s fairly easy to modify the content and keep the website fresh.

I’ve not used vix specifically but looked at it as an option vs Wordpress. Seemed fairly straightforward but can’t say much more as I didn’t pursue it past an initial look. If I recall, my main concern at the time was that I would be tied to vix and won’t have the flexibility to move the site in case of any issues. Plus Wordpress has much bigger user base so easier to find freelancers.