Author Topic: Best US banks for business checking accounts?  (Read 3601 times)

mustachedali

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Best US banks for business checking accounts?
« on: December 14, 2017, 10:47:16 PM »
I'm planning to open my own LLC soon. Which US banks do you recommend for business checking? Ideally something with a very minimum to no fees. Most of my business is international so also a low to zero international wire fee would be ideal. Thanks!

SC93

• Pencil Stache
Re: Best US banks for business checking accounts?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:21:57 PM »
We use a credit union and while things seem a little safer, it sure is hell to do a wire transfer. We started one on November 30th and it was complete on December 5th!

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:54:04 PM »
I use Spark Business. No fees for regular account and no transaction fees either which is a big win for most businesses.

mustachedali

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 12:46:11 AM »
I use Spark Business. No fees for regular account and no transaction fees either which is a big win for most businesses.

I looked into Spark Business but the page doesn't load anymore. Are they discontinuing it?

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 03:11:10 AM »
I used a local bank that does charge any fees.  They only have 4 branches but thus far have been pretty good with withdrawals and deposits.  My best friend uses BoA but their fees have been nickeling and diming him.

The reason I used the local bank is due to an outstanding business loan with them.  They asked that I use their business checking as part of the loan.  Was pretty reasonable at the time.

Cubert

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Early Retirement or BUST
    • Abandoned Cubicle
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 04:04:22 AM »
All I can say is avoid Wells Fargo. They require you keep a $500 minimum balance else you get charged a monthly fee. I'm not certain what their international parameters are.

Good luck!

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »

I looked into Spark Business but the page doesn't load anymore. Are they discontinuing it?

Works fine for me and I have not heard about them discontinuing service. Here is the link I just googled: https://www.capitalone.com/small-business-bank/

mustachedali

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 12:43:40 AM »

Works fine for me and I have not heard about them discontinuing service. Here is the link I just googled: https://www.capitalone.com/small-business-bank/

Hrm, must be where I'm located where it's not loading. Thanks anyway for checking!

tralfamadorian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 12:18:49 PM »
I used to have Capital One Spark for business checking and credit. I had some issues with attempted account takeover, which I don't blame them for- it happens. But, I was very unhappy with their customer service after the fact. They claimed that they put a note on my account with extra security and no AU cards would be issued, etc. Then it happened two more times where someone was able to get them on the phone to change a bunch of information and send them AU cards. After that I decided to close and it took several repetitive phone calls to get them to actually close the accounts. It was a pretty frustrating experience all around.

I moved to Bank of America for checking and Amex for credit and have been happy so far. 

jpdx

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 12:15:48 AM »
Happy with Chase. Can manage personal, biz, and credit cards all on one web portal.