Author Topic: Where to get playground mulch in Denver  (Read 3114 times)

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
Where to get playground mulch in Denver
« on: September 04, 2015, 02:08:56 PM »
Header pretty much says it all. I want a backyard-playground-sized portion of mulch. Any recommendations for where to get it cheap?

Bonus points if you know what I should do with the old rubber mulch...

Greg

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Where to get playground mulch in Denver
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »
Call tree services, they will give or sell you wood chips and deliver.  Not a lot of choice of what's in it, but it's just wood chips.

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 06:54:09 PM »
I used a place on south Santa fe. Santa fe rock or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 04:54:32 PM »
Apparently you can't use tree service mulch; it's too pokey for little kids. The place on Santa Fe did have wood playground mulch, but I found a better price at Renewable Fiber. It was still going to be close to $300.

Then I decided the best price would be to just keep my rubber mulch. It was deeper in the middle than I realized, so I'll just spread it around.

Greg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 09:34:26 AM »
Apparently you can't use tree service mulch; it's too pokey for little kids. The place on Santa Fe did have wood playground mulch, but I found a better price at Renewable Fiber. It was still going to be close to $300.
Then I decided the best price would be to just keep my rubber mulch. It was deeper in the middle than I realized, so I'll just spread it around.

Well I guess it depends on your standards.  I live out in the wooded country where pokey bark is the norm.  It breaks down and packs fast enough that this is really a non-issue.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »
Well, even cheap mulch would have been $75 bucks delivered, versus the $25 I spent on landscape staples (to secure the replacement landscape fabric I found in the garage), so I guess I saved $50. I live in the city.

I'm usually pretty laid-back, but neighbor kids play there, too, so I erred on the side of caution.

Except it's still stupidly dangerous because the previous owners installed too larger a play structure in too small a space. Falling off and hitting one's head on either the privacy fence or the concrete sidewalk is quite possible. Sigh.

m8547

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 07:56:45 PM »
You can get an unlimited amount free in the spring, you just need a truck to haul it.
http://www.westerndisposal.com/free-compost-mulch-days/