Author Topic: Rear taillight mount for a bicycle  (Read 4586 times)

berns

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Rear taillight mount for a bicycle
« on: August 03, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »
I have a rear tallight that I'd like to mount to the rear rack of my road bike. Long story short, I don't have the mount, can't find a replacement, and building some kind of mount would help me avoid buying a new light with mount.

1. The taillight is the red one here: http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-SW75738-4-Solar-Combo-Light/dp/B0030RS6IS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375579016&sr=8-1&keywords=schwinn+rear+taillight+solar

2. The rear rack looks like this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00165PA08/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I think I'd need something small to clamp onto the thin bars of the rack and something else to clamp onto the light?

Can anyone help with what a good solution might be?

Thanks!

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
Re: Rear taillight mount for a bicycle
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
How pretty do you want it? Just a piece of wire through the screw hole on the light and a couple of cable ties on the rack (round the wire!) could do it?

berns

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
Doesn't have to be pretty, but that screw hole you see on the light is actually also part of the mount, which I don't have. The light would then slide onto the mount.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 02:40:18 PM »
Ok, I see. Well, polystyrene cement onto another piece of plastic then, and drill that as you need (maybe sand/cut off the rails first) - assuming that will give you access to change the battery, if you even need to do that on a solar light?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!