Author Topic: Problems with Mint?  (Read 5893 times)

TonyV.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Problems with Mint?
« on: September 02, 2015, 06:03:18 PM »
I signed up with Mint today, and I'm running across an issue I can't figure out. Hopefully some of you have came across the same thing and can help me out. I was only able to get one of my checking accounts linked to it. For some reason the other one will not link up. Also, it says my account with CapitolOne360 requires additional questions (I'm assuming the security questions) as well as my AmericanFunds account and my Vangaurd account. Anyone know how to get around this? I would LOVE to be able to use this program!

~otter~

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Problems with Mint?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 02:54:46 AM »
Mint is awesome, but it does require some extra work at times to get everything synched up. I once had an issue when my credit union changed their log-in process, which befuddled Mint for a while. When that happened I sent a note to Mint Help explaining the issue and they fixed it up. Here's the link to their help: https://www.mint.com/help, and also on that page is a link to their community forums, which are almost as helpful as MMM's. One note on the additional questions: you may not remember doing it, but you probably set those up when you create your online accounts with those institutions. You may need to go your profile within those sites to figure it out.

patrat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 06:49:28 AM »
Mint will frequently get buggy when a bank changes their login screens or throws up a security challenge. Contact them, they'll get to it. USAA and Mint played poorly for years, but these days works well enough.

I love Mint for its basic functions and reporting. I really have not figured out the popularity of the (paid, manual) YNAB stuff in the face of (free, automagic) Mint; but it must appeal to a different subset than me.

m0nk3y

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:24:52 AM »
Agreed with the above- they currently have a few known issues and one my my bank accounts isn't playing nice after a programming change on the bank's part. Sometimes, you just have wait it out a few days while they work on it.

TonyV.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »
One note on the additional questions: you may not remember doing it, but you probably set those up when you create your online accounts with those institutions. You may need to go your profile within those sites to figure it out.
[/quote]

I remember setting up the security questions, i just didn't know how to get around them through Mint.

Thank you for the responses and help, i will look into the matter further. :)

tallen

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 11:27:47 AM »
Just answer the security questions and your good. Have to do it once for each different question but Mint "remembers" it so you don't have to answer them again in the future

TonyV.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »
It never gave me the option to answer them...

Megma

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 12:05:33 PM »
For capitalone 360 you need to get an access code from the capitalone site and then entree it on mint, IIRC.

TonyV.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 12:07:16 PM »
Ok, i got all my accounts linked besides one (the one i use the most. Lol) But it says they're having "temporary connectivity issues". I guess I'll just have to give it a few more days. Thank you everyone for the pointers, i never noticed the security questions bring asked before, btw. I did see them this time.

TonyV.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »
For capitalone 360 you need to get an access code from the capitalone site and then entree it on mint, IIRC.

Yes, i just saw this in the comments section on Mint. Thank you for the info though. :)

wienerdog

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »
But it says they're having "temporary connectivity issues". I guess I'll just have to give it a few more days.

Mine has been saying that for a couple months.  I gave up and deleted the account. I only use it for a quick check on charges to the credit card for recording expenses somewhere else as the budget and other functions are worthless without connecting to the main bank account. 

TonyV.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 03:26:14 PM »
Hopefully they'll get it resolved. If not i will have to contact them to find out what's up. It'd like to have all my accounts in one place so i can track my transactions better. ...or i can just take a page from "Your Money or Your Life", and track every penny on paper. ...we'll see.

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Necronomicon of Badassity
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 02:04:46 PM »
One of my accounts almost always says "Temporary Connectivity Issue" (or something) and then it works when I click the "Fix It" (try again?) button.

The thing which really pisses me off with Mint is the spending "Compare" option hasn't worked in months.  That was what I used Mint most often for--to compare current category spending to the previous month or overall spending to the previous year.  Now I have to take note of the figure, add the custom dates, record that date and subtract one from the other to analyze.  ...Sucks big time.

Semag

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »
Kaspian -

You can get the "compare" working temporarily by using the console on your browser:

For those desperate for a work-around:

Open up a javascript console (F12 in Chrome and Firefox, then select the Console tab from the window that appears on the bottom or right of your screen). Then paste in the following code and press Enter:

jQuery('#filter-compare-arrow').on('click',function(event) { event.stopPropagation(); jQuery('#menu-compare').removeClass('hide').css({left: '0px', top: '30px'}) } )

The drop-down should start working again. You will need to repeat this step if you reload the page (or use a browser extension to cause it to run automatically).

Hopefully this will get repaired soon...

https://mint.lc.intuit.com/questions/1029792-trends-comparison-not-working

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Necronomicon of Badassity
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »
Kaspian -

You can get the "compare" working temporarily by using the console on your browser:

For those desperate for a work-around:

Open up a javascript console (F12 in Chrome and Firefox, then select the Console tab from the window that appears on the bottom or right of your screen). Then paste in the following code and press Enter:

jQuery('#filter-compare-arrow').on('click',function(event) { event.stopPropagation(); jQuery('#menu-compare').removeClass('hide').css({left: '0px', top: '30px'}) } )

The drop-down should start working again. You will need to repeat this step if you reload the page (or use a browser extension to cause it to run automatically).

Hopefully this will get repaired soon...

https://mint.lc.intuit.com/questions/1029792-trends-comparison-not-working

I did that once or twice, but then realized it was too much of a pain in the ass.  ....But as of this week--they've fixed the compare!!  :)  Maybe bitching on external web sites makes them hustle a little more than doing it on their own forums. 

Matt_D

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
I liked some of Mint's functionality, but eventually my accounts got screwed up so often that I gave up. I now have a free YNAB account (I'm a grad student, and they give free accounts to college and grad students!). Yeah it's a little more work, but it's SO MUCH easier to figure out how my budget is doing, and also easier to flex money month-to-month depending on where it's needed.