Author Topic: Poor Kitty has blood in urine!  (Read 7631 times)

dandypandys

• Pencil Stache
Poor Kitty has blood in urine!
« on: May 04, 2016, 08:00:27 PM »
I am leaving for a trip tomorrow for 4 days, and just saw that my female kitty has blood in her urine, and is peeing a lot, but only little amounts. My neighbor will look after her while i am gone.. but does anyone have any homeopathic remedies that I can get her before I fly tomorrow? I have set out canned food for her, as i read that dry food gives uti's.
Bad timing.. vet when we get back for sure.
In the house i have acv- i've read that might be good- also read that collodial silver could help-  and some human healthy bladder pills, a cranberry /herb one by Crystal Star, and a D- mannose one- ClearTract.
Do you think any of these would help her? Not sure if there are any kitty owners here with some experience to help tide us over
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:12:38 PM by dandypandys »

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
Re: Poor Kitty has blood in urine!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
Board her at the vet while you are gone and they can figure it out. Can your neighbor take her?

dandypandys

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 08:21:20 PM »
Unfortunately neighbour  will be in bed now  and we leave the house at 3am tomorrow. Bonny seems happy, right now she is playing with a toy, jumping all around. Eating fine too.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:23:01 PM by dandypandys »

smalllife

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:19:33 AM »
Agreed - board her at the vet if you can't delay. The worse it gets, the more likely she is to get more in the future. She is in a lot of pain ......

MandyM

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 06:14:18 AM »
Unfortunately neighbour  will be in bed now  and we leave the house at 3am tomorrow. Bonny seems happy, right now she is playing with a toy, jumping all around. Eating fine too.

She's not fine. I would have the neighbor take her to the vet and either repay the neighbor or call and pay with a cc over the phone. She likely has a UTI and needs antibiotic, please don't make her wait this out.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 06:37:03 AM »
I am leaving for a trip tomorrow for 4 days, and just saw that my female kitty has blood in her urine, and is peeing a lot, but only little amounts. My neighbor will look after her while i am gone.. but does anyone have any homeopathic remedies that I can get her before I fly tomorrow? I have set out canned food for her, as i read that dry food gives uti's.
Bad timing.. vet when we get back for sure.
In the house i have acv- i've read that might be good- also read that collodial silver could help-  and some human healthy bladder pills, a cranberry /herb one by Crystal Star, and a D- mannose one- ClearTract.
Do you think any of these would help her? Not sure if there are any kitty owners here with some experience to help tide us over

Homeopathy is totally unsupported and unscientific bullshit.  Every study done on homeopathic cures show that they are no more effective than a placebo.  All homeopathic cures are based around the assumption that the more you dilute something, the more powerful it becomes as a cure.

If you want to give your car a homeopathic cure, give her some water.  Any water.  According to homeopathic logic, since all water on earth has been filtered through and around millions of different chemicals and then diluted down, EVERY DROP OF WATER IS THE MOST POWERFUL CURE IN THE UNIVERSE.

Please take your cat to a vet.  Don't support support a system of pseudo-science and lies, while simultaneously ignoring the problems of your animal.

justajane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 06:50:13 AM »
It could be crystals in the bladder. That's what our cat had when she peed blood. Very painful. I believe the vet helped her pass them and then gave us antibiotics/medicine to help dissolve the rest. And then put her on an expensive food.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 06:51:33 AM »
As a general rule, peeing blood is not something that should wait for 4 days.

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 07:07:09 AM »
I really really hope you get that cat to the vet ASAP. Please don't think that your cat is fine now; blood in urine is a VERY serious thing most of the time. Like life-threatening in some cases. But in the very least, she's in pain and could have some issues the longer you delay getting her into a vet.

Cats are one of the groups of animals that do not indicate when they are in pain until it is SERIOUSLY bad for them. So she might be hurting pretty bad but trying to act like it is no big deal because that's what cats do...

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 12:27:25 PM »
I agree with the person who said have the neighbor take cat to the vet to be boarded there. Talk to the vet on the phone and get this coordinated. Please do not leave the cat for several days without health care.

Lyssa

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 07:13:07 AM »
I peed blood once in my life. If somebody had suggested waiting for just four days I would have punched that someone.

Your cat is suffering. Probably from an UTI. Could have spread to her kidneys already or is about to.

Do NOT wait. Have your neighbor board her at the vet. Please.

ariapluscat

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 07:27:45 AM »
Vet.
Your cat could be seriously ill and die if you don't take her to the vet ASAP

a plan comes together

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 08:41:33 AM »
It sounds like kidney stones. My cat had this and had to have them surgically removed. Then a special urinary food after so they don't redevelop. Should address sooner than later.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »
So OP, just so you know - not promptly treating a known illness or injury has a term. It's called ABUSE. Another term gets used as well, NEGLECT.

Cats are extremely good at hiding pain and discomfort. Behavior is not a good guide. By the time you see behavior changes, they're in agony.

To hell with your vacation. Take care of the cat, or you don't deserve to have a pet.

(yes, this is harsh. I mean every word, I'm not apologizing, and I'm not taking it back. Suck it up)

Sofa King

• Bristles
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 04:03:24 PM »
So OP, just so you know - not promptly treating a known illness or injury has a term. It's called ABUSE. Another term gets used as well, NEGLECT.

I concur. 

WildJager

• Bristles
    • Can't complain.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »
Thanks for all the advice. Though some of you were not very nice and it has put me off this forum.

This is a forum about radically readdressing your personal finance and aggressively altering human behavior.  The people here generally don't beat around the bush, because there is merit to being frank when adjusting life perception.  Sometimes that's the kick in the butt that people need to change frankly.  If you're dealing with topics that can handle kid gloves, other communities might be a better source for easy going advise.  I wouldn't take it personally, it's just how this community operates. 

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 12:24:06 PM »
Thanks for all the advice. Though some of you were not very nice and it has put me off this forum.

This is a forum about radically readdressing your personal finance and aggressively altering human behavior.  The people here generally don't beat around the bush, because there is merit to being frank when adjusting life perception.  Sometimes that's the kick in the butt that people need to change frankly.  If you're dealing with topics that can handle kid gloves, other communities might be a better source for easy going advise.  I wouldn't take it personally, it's just how this community operates.

We have to dilute our kindness with 1 billion parts facepunches to make the kindness more effective

Lyssa

• Bristles
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 09:23:56 AM »
Bonnie went to the vet with the neighbour, and she will go on urinary tract health food by purina one- for now she is on wet food by science diet for urine health, all vet rec'd. She is doing great! She had no crystals.
 It was related to grocery store cat food- she used to eat Friskies and Meow Mix- no longer though.

Thanks for updating despite all the face punches!

I was really worried and am happy to hear that it seems to be nothing dangerous.

I guess you would not have posted about the situation in the first place if you did not care about your kitty and - facepunches aside - the general advise of 'to the vet, asap' was sound. Better to feel bad about harsh words than to feel bad about having hurt or caused permanent injury to your pet.