Author Topic: Please help me fix my ice machine  (Read 2129 times)

Mustache Fatty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Please help me fix my ice machine
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:32:43 AM »
Hi everyone!  I have tinkered around with this machine and I can't diagnose what is wrong with it.  It is a Whirlpool ice machine.  Below is a link that seems to have all you could ever need to know about these machines and how to fix common problems. 

http://www.truetex.com/icemachine.htm

Here is a timeline of events:

- We noticed that the machine was producing less and less ice over time (a period of months).
- We cleaned the machine
- It continued to produce less ice; eventually it got to the point that it wasn't worth running it anymore.
- We turned it off and it has sat for months.
- I decide that I am going to fix it.  Upon closer inspection, at this point everything looks good in terms of how it is cycling (as far as I can tell) except for one thing.  NO WATER at all rolls over the evaporator plate so it is impossible to make ice at this point.

What can cause this problem (less and less water until no water at all) and how can I fix it??

Thanks for your help.  My wife is getting frustrated with me because I have had the machine in pieces for the last few months in our kitchen.

jnik

• Stubble
Re: Please help me fix my ice machine
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »
What can cause this problem (less and less water until no water at all) and how can I fix it??
Hard water deposits building up on the inlet sounds like the obvious culprit, from someone who's never opened up an ice machine.