Author Topic: Pacific Energy Trenton Stove  (Read 1084 times)

WalkaboutStache

• Stubble
Pacific Energy Trenton Stove
« on: March 15, 2019, 01:56:34 AM »
Hi everyone.  The wood burning stove in my AirBnB is gave up the ghost and since the stovepipe is no longer up to code I am going to replace it with a gas one (been thinking about it anyway).  The house is not really equipped for central heating and having an open fire is part of the charm in the region where it is.

The guy who is helping me recommended a Pacific Energy Trenton Stove as the most affordable option.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  Are there any other brands you would recommend?

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
Re: Pacific Energy Trenton Stove
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 03:25:55 PM »
Just chiming in I have a PE Alderlea.  I've only burned one season, but no complaints!

kenmoremmm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »
post over at hearth.com. great site!

TrMama

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »
PE is a local company here. We put one of their wood burning stoves in a house we owned years ago. We used it for 3 years until we moved away. No complaints about it at all.

IME gas stove don't put out as much heat as wood burning ones do. Although they can certainly heat more consistently and are way less work. Just be sure that the one you put in will be the right size for the space.

WalkaboutStache

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 09:19:02 PM »
Thanks, everyone!  I ordered the Trenton.  I prefer wood, but given the reliability of the available suppliers and other factors, it makes more sense to go with gas right now.