Author Topic: How do I re-plumb this laundry sink?  (Read 1419 times)

john6221

• Stubble
How do I re-plumb this laundry sink?
« on: January 13, 2018, 01:19:36 PM »
My laundry faucet is shot. I've already tried to fix it with some new washers but it's just not going to last any longer. Even when "off" the hot water runs through the faucet. You can see that I installed two ball valves to shut off water to the sink.

I'd like to re-plumb without buying a new sink but I'm not sure of what to do. The cheap brass laundry faucet won't mount on my sink. I'm not sure if I have to create a new mount or not. I also need to have the washing machine lines.

Please help!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

APowers

• Handlebar Stache
Re: How do I re-plumb this laundry sink?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:30:51 AM »
That looks easy enough. You're not trying to make it "pretty", just functional, right?

I'm willing to bet you can find a faucet set that will mount on those pipes. I suggest you measure the distance between the pipes, and take your measurements into Lowe's or Home Depot and browse their plumbing section. If there's a plumbing dept guy-- ask him. Usually, they're retired professionals who will understand your dilemma and be able to point you in the right direction.

Abe

• Magnum Stache
Re: How do I re-plumb this laundry sink?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:55:28 AM »
You can get flexible pipe fittings similar to this in case the distance between the pipes are non-standard:

https://www.grainger.com/product/30UL83

We used these for our sink and have not had any issues with leaks/corrosion for 5+ years.