Author Topic: Great resource for DIY and prebuilt bike trailers  (Read 5584 times)

FitStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Great resource for DIY and prebuilt bike trailers
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:49:38 AM »
I was searching for ways to pull my kayak around with my bike and I came across this site:

http://www.tonystrailers.com/buildyourown/

There are some really good ideas (shopping cart conversions, etc) and the guy also builds and ships bike trailers for all kinds of mustachian activities.

I plan on building one in December once classes are over and I will post results back here.  Enjoy!

Matt K

• Bristles
    • Krull Photography
Re: Great resource for DIY and prebuilt bike trailers
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
Apparently Canada is a hotbed for Kayak and DIY argo trailers. I was rather impressed with some of the stuff I saw form Wike Bike (located in Ontario)

http://www.wicycle.com/cargo_diy_kit_bicycle_trailer.php

offroad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:29:12 AM »
try reversing this idea a bit.  I am looking at great quality inflatable kayaks.  They pack down to a small size, that can be transported in any small bike trailer.  seems like a nice way to get around, versus lugging a big full size kayak.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 06:10:04 PM »

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »
try reversing this idea a bit.  I am looking at great quality inflatable kayaks.  They pack down to a small size, that can be transported in any small bike trailer.  seems like a nice way to get around, versus lugging a big full size kayak.

My parents sport an inflatable tandem kayak (easy to store on a boat). Great fun if your not super serious about the sport.