Author Topic: Hands on Basic Electronics Course  (Read 1944 times)

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
Hands on Basic Electronics Course
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:47:41 PM »
I am looking for one because I am getting very into old stereo equipment but coming up against the fact that the last time I saw a circuit was in Freshman Physics.  I am really looking for some sort of kit/book combination so I can teach myself enough to test and replace capacitors, etc.  Something geared toward music would be ideal.  I have no idea if that exists.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
Re: Hands on Basic Electronics Course
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 09:02:21 AM »
I wish I could send you to my freshman year EE course--over the course of the semester, we built an amplifier with balance and tone control, while learning all the basics about it.

I would suggest one of those "gazillion in 1 electronics project kits", like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Elenco-Electronic-Playground-Learning-Center/dp/B0035XSZDI

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »
Yes! I actually looked around at the local Votech to see if anybody had a basic course I could take.  No luck.  I guess that was last year's fad.

the_fella

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »
Did you check YouTube?

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »
I finally just got rid of all of my books and electronics kits etc about 2 years ago. Sorry, I would have totally given them to you. One of my projects was to build a radio too. Probably had some good relevant stuff for you. :(

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!