Author Topic: DIY boasting topic?  (Read 720 times)

wauske

• Stubble
DIY boasting topic?
« on: July 29, 2018, 10:15:07 AM »
Hi guys,

I've been reading a lot on MMM for a few years now but I haven't found a DIY topic yet where we can showcase our badassity. I've followed a few courses and consider myself a most basic amateur but I many of you can outdo my and I'd like you to prove me right (especially with pictures)!

To kick off the topic my "accomplishments" in the last while is a bug screen for our friends to keep out the critters while they let in the cool evening air :)
Also, a baby gate preventing access to the kitchen for our 2 year old and a toolbox (made during the course I mentioned before).

Prairie Moustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: DIY boasting topic?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:24:58 PM »
Looks good! I've been working on a window sill house plant stand but have been getting frustrated due to not having the proper tools (a drill press, etc.) and being too cheap to invest in them.

craiglepaige

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 06:10:27 AM »
Nice work. I like the tool box.

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 08:57:15 AM »
Here is a picture of a storage box I made for storing our good silverware. I made it out of mahogany.

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 09:14:48 AM »
This is an office remodel I did a couple years back. All the cabinets were custom built in my garage. The two inner lower units are filing cabinets and the two lower outer units are storage drawers. Unseen is undercabinet lighting clear across. On the back wall is a Murphy bed, mini closet (upper) with clothes rack and two storage drawers underneath. On the right is a book shelf to fill up the space underneath the ducting.

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »
A built in bookcase along one wall to store some of our books. One can never have too many books.

wauske

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 05:57:06 AM »
A built in bookcase along one wall to store some of our books. One can never have too many books.
Those are pretty badass, thanks for sharing!

The storage box in particular looks very nice :)

Enough

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 08:55:38 AM »
Cool thread, PTF

A lot of my project posts, I have difficulty deciding whether to put them in DIY, Real Estate, or Share Your Badassity sub forums. Looking forward to seeing what people share

zolotiyeruki

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 07:51:24 AM »
Oh, goody, I could use a thread like this.  Here's my project from yesterday:  new outlets on the far wall of the garage.  Due to our municipality's insistence on EMT, it took me about four hours (rather than the 1 hour it would have taken with romex).  For the last 7 years or so, I've had an extension cord running across the entire 3-car garage to power the tools in my shop.  No more.

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 07:26:18 AM »
Oh, goody, I could use a thread like this.  Here's my project from yesterday:  new outlets on the far wall of the garage.  Due to our municipality's insistence on EMT, it took me about four hours (rather than the 1 hour it would have taken with romex).  For the last 7 years or so, I've had an extension cord running across the entire 3-car garage to power the tools in my shop.  No more.

Cobwebs full of sawdust... that looks like my garage!

Samsam

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 08:18:50 AM »
A month ago I had someone come out to change and move an irrigation head.  Once I saw them do it once and realized changing or moving just one head wasn't that bad I decided to do this myself going forward.  Well yesterday I changed my first sprinkler head! The neighbors were impressed. cost went from $50-75 to $13!