Author Topic: The Principle of Constant Optimization: What's Your Myers-Briggs?  (Read 179732 times)

Ben Hogan

• Stubble
Re: The Principle of Constant Optimization: What's Your Myers-Briggs?
« Reply #300 on: February 14, 2017, 07:17:34 AM »
ISTJ, or maybe I failed the test. oh well, life goes on. :)

Kl285528

• Stubble
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2017, 07:42:15 AM »
Usually test INTJ, but always borderline E. However, last time I took it, tested out as an INTP. For sure, at least for me, the descriptions of type ring very true, especially the strong NT way of thinking. I've always liked my type - they've always made more sense to me!

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #302 on: August 30, 2017, 08:48:46 PM »
Extreme INFP.

I've taken the test like 5 times over several years when younger.

Never had a job I was happy with...have managed to hold down decent jobs despite constantly being bombarded with thoughts of leaving from something different and more fulfilling pretty much every.single.DAY. 

I'm a true dreamer for sure...I spend way too much time dreaming about what it would be like to live a life filled with creativity and freedom (I would say via retirement now that I've since found this forum).  I do struggle with honing in on the details (think BUDGETING) carefully and consistently enough to make the strides I really want and have the ability to make. 

MrsStubble

• Stubble
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »
Female INTP.   

All i could think after i took the test like 5 times was "ULTRA RARE!"

Does make it very very difficult at work for me though, I work for a company where all the leadership is extroverted.  Not exactly ideal working conditions for me but I can muster the mandatory happy hours well enough.

Vaulter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #304 on: October 11, 2017, 12:37:38 PM »
INTJ as well.

I hear you, MrsStubble, on the clashes at work. I didn't think about it at the time, but my concerns about one of my prior jobs can easily boil down to my failure to understand the leadership's strong identification with their groupthink. Thankfully, I moved to a position where my individuality/personality style is a better match.

MrsStubble

• Stubble
« Reply #305 on: October 11, 2017, 07:52:54 PM »
Smart.  I know a job change is in my future soon for the same reason. 

Acastus

• Bristles
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2017, 01:46:17 PM »
I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find so many other INTJ's here on a not-the-normal-way retirement website. My wife is one also. Apparently, we tend to hang out together.

BookLoverL

• Bristles
« Reply #307 on: November 24, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »
I'm an INFP, which I think is possibly why I decided I can't even face being an employee for even a small number of years, and am now plotting to make money through self-employment instead. I've usually been able to stick with a full time job for about 3 months before either burning out, reaching the end of a contract, or getting let go for (generally not stated, but I can tell) just being that little bit too weird. I do much better when I can do my work at home, wearing comfortable clothes, and not worrying about how I'm appearing socially except on special occasions where I might have to go and meet with someone. In general, I've definitely incorporated Mustachian principles into my value system, though, to the point where I had five-figure savings at the time when I decided to go self-employed.

Chesleygirl

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #308 on: December 01, 2017, 03:17:39 PM »
I took the test a while back, all I can remember is that I'm an introvert.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #309 on: June 27, 2018, 05:05:17 AM »
Uh oh.... I have to leave the little INTJ club for now.... I took the test again today and this is rather disturbing... result came back ISTJ!

I figured I was always a lay down misere for INTJ. I guess people change lol.

dusty

• Stubble
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2018, 01:47:24 AM »
I hear ya Marty - first time I found the test concept 15 odd years ago I was INTJ --- 10 years after that I morphed into INTP,  nowadays im firmly ENFP and loving life.

I sometimes long for the peaceful solitude and certainty of the INTJ/P days but they do say ENFPs are the Extroverted Introverts....