Author Topic: Selling a house  (Read 5121 times)

PencilStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Selling a house
« on: June 22, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
In his recent "How to sell a house" article, MMM makes the following statement:

"Almost ten years ago, I signed up for an automated email system that alerts me of every house listing and every sale that takes place in my neighborhood."

Does anyone know how to sign up for these alerts? Which site(s)?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Selling a house
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:36:07 PM »
A Realtor can sign you up for them from your local MLS based on search criteria you specify (price range, square feet, age, zip codes, etc).  Pretty much any will be happy to do it for you, free (it take about a minute for them to set up, and is all automated) because they hope they'll get your business when you decide to buy.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

PhoenixHeat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling a house
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »
In his recent "How to sell a house" article, MMM makes the following statement:

"Almost ten years ago, I signed up for an automated email system that alerts me of every house listing and every sale that takes place in my neighborhood."

Does anyone know how to sign up for these alerts? Which site(s)?

I sold my house recently. As I prepared to do this I signed up for redfin notifications. I got emails of all activity in my area until I unsubsidized. I assumedon't sonething like this is what mmm did.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!