Author Topic: How to be Happy, Rich, and Save the World  (Read 4501 times)

welliamwallace

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Trying to squeeze out those whiskers
How to be Happy, Rich, and Save the World
« on: October 10, 2016, 12:09:35 PM »
Just watched the video of MMM's talk in his most recent blog post: http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2016/10/10/how-to-be-happy-rich-and-save-the-world/

I'm having a Major Man Crush Monday Moment. MAN I love this guy! Much of the FIRE community involves a lot of "preaching to the choir". In contrast, this is a great talk for people who have never even heard of the concept. Definitely sharing this video on my social media.

DailyGrindFree

• Stubble
    • Daily Grind Free
Re: How to be Happy, Rich, and Save the World
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 12:11:18 PM »
I just finished watching it 5 minutes ago.

financialfreedomsloth

• Stubble
    • financial freedom sloth
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 06:54:06 AM »
it is an excellent presentation. Perhaps shouldn't have watched it at work, because now I am thinking: what am I still doing here? And then I realize I am not yet FIRE'd ...

Rubyvroom

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 06:58:41 AM »
I enjoyed the humor. He has a hilarious tone with his writing that keeps me entertained, and that definitely spilled over into the presentation.

I watched it with my husband and he managed to sit through the whole thing and was like, "That was really good!" at the end. He asked me to send it to him so he could share it with his little brothers who are 20 and 18. I think he's hoping to save them from a lifetime of debt and excess, but we'll see if they listen.