Author Topic: Crazy huge mortgage  (Read 10674 times)

Fitnessinspo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Crazy huge mortgage
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2019, 11:42:14 PM »
We had a similar downsize and I too had a garage full of power tools. Three car garage full to be exact. We moved halfway across country and to a townhouse with no garage, so most everything had to go. I found that between using offerup, Facebook marketplace, letgo and craigslist I was able to sell off most of the things very quickly and for quite a bit of money, some more money than I bought it new for. Depending on your location one app may be much more popular than another. In Southern California it was offer up. In East Texas it seems to be Facebook marketplace. Hope this helps!

Blahhhh456

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2019, 09:21:17 PM »
It still amazes me that lenders used to (probably still do somewhere) provide loans of this nature with income at a fraction. I hope you do list your house soon and rid yourself of that anchor. Spring tends to be the best time of year to sell, so I would reach out asap to a few realtors.  Having gone through the process of selling our house recently, it is no fun picnic. However, I also have a two year old so that played into a lot of the stress with upkeep. Good luck!

• Stubble
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2019, 09:02:37 AM »
I agree that in the end it's going to feel really good to downsize. One suggestion I haven't seen mentioned is for the kids - of course for a short visit by one you have a second bedroom in the condo. But for a longer full-family event like summer or the holidays you might consider decamping to a resort for 4 or 5 days. It doesn't have to be cheesy, I'm thinking of something like the Greenbriar (WV) or Asilomar (CA). I bet there's something in driving distance of your condo. No cooking, no cleaning, gorgeous surroundings, and compared to a huge house, very economical. We did that one year with my extended family and I remember it fondly.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!