Author Topic: Am I Missing Anything - Trying to do this on my own  (Read 2170 times)

Orange126

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Am I Missing Anything - Trying to do this on my own
« on: July 02, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »
Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:52:06 AM by Orange126 »

sokoloff

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Am I Missing Anything - Trying to do this on my own
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
It's small potatoes, but at $40/mo for gas, you're driving about 500 miles a month or 6000 miles a year.
You could easily cut back to 2 oil changes per year. (I have some an older car and change the oil once per year, driving about 5000 miles per year.)

If you could get out of the DVC for $24K, you'd free up about $3K per year (half in direct fees and half in earnings on the $24K you'd be able to invest). I'm not saying you have to stop going to Disney, but $3K/year might buy a nice family vacation there or someplace else and you'd have $24K additional in investments/emergency funds. No idea on the resale value of DVC; most timeshares have horrific resale (because most are a pretty crappy deal). I do know most DVC people that I know are very happy with theirs, so I'm not judging, just trying to do some cold math and you can decide how to act on that because you know more than I do about how much it's worth to you. (The fact that you list it first either means you're skeptical or heels-dug-in loving it. :) )

Guide2003

• Stubble
Re: Am I Missing Anything - Trying to do this on my own
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
Don't know if you meant to remove the original post with your edit, but looks like you got a couple good answers there!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!