Author Topic: Virtual Camp Mustache 2020 - May 24, Free to Attend with Ticket  (Read 4222 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Due to quarantine cancelling the Camp Mustache event this year, the organizers are hosting a one day virtual Camp Mustache instead!

The date is Sunday, May 24. The event is completely free, but you do need to get a ticket, which is limited to 1,000 people.

Tomorrow (5/9) they will be sharing the link for where you can get said tickets on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/welovecampmustache/

This is the planned schedule for that day:

9am - Opening Speaker Vicki Robin, author of “Your Money or Your Life”   
10am - Break, 30 min
10:30am - Breakout Session 1
11:30am - Break, 30 min
Noon - Panel:  “Healthcare and FIRE” featuring moderator Doc G of Earn & Invest and panelists Rosemary Fotheringham of Flourish Fundamentals and Lynn Frair of FI Healthcare
1pm - Break, 2 hours, Go climb Mt Si!
3pm - Breakout Session 2
4:30pm - Closing Speaker Mr. Money Mustache
5:30pm - Camp Mustache 2020 ends

Hope to see some of you there! :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
Re: Virtual Camp Mustache 2020 - May 24, Free to Attend with Ticket
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 08:00:34 PM »
1pm - Break, 2 hours, Go climb Mt Si!

Interested in the logistics of this. ;-).

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 06:43:24 PM »
So the way they are handling this event is anyone with a "ticket" will get an email with a link to the Zoom 15m before the event.

Then, at event time, they'll release the link to the general public via their Facebook page (because presumably some people will not be able to make it last minute, will forget, etc.).

Once 1000 people are in, the Zoom won't let anyone else in.

So if you got a ticket, join right away. If you didn't, watch that page and jump on as soon as it's posted and you can still snag a last-minute spot. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 07:33:30 AM »
This is very cool, unfortunately I have to work today!  Thanks for keeping us informed, ARS.  😃👍

mosprott

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 07:39:55 PM »
Had problems vis-a-vis the time zone (I goofed)! Does anyone know if the sessions will be made available later?

Dee18

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 08:13:32 AM »
Thanks for the virtual camp!  I am sure it was a lot of work.  Just wanted to say it was much appreciated!

4tify

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 11:15:58 AM »
Couldn’t get a ticket but would love to see any recordings if you did them!