Author Topic: Three Week Countdown to Camp Mustache Toronto - Registration Lottery Feb 1!!  (Read 7252 times)

CampMustacheToronto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Camp Mustache Toronto - Sept 19-23/2019 Join us!
Whoo Hoo the lottery is filling up!

Don't delay, enter soon!

Please follow this link to enter the Camp Mustache Toronto Bunk Lottery.

Hello  MMM Forum Folk!

Heads up we are three weeks to the Camp Mustache Toronto Registration Lottery on February 1, 0900 EST (Toronto time!).  Camp is September 20 - 22, 2019 at a private retreat between Buffalo and Toronto, on the Canadian side, about 1 1/2 hour drive from Toronto and about 2 hours drive from Buffalo.

Questions?  Check out the FAQs in the first thread on Camp Mustache Toronto right below.

This will be the third annual Camp Mustache Toronto and we're so excited to be hosting another awesome weekend of fun, friends and finances!  But don't take our word for it...shout out to Camp Mustache Toronto alumni!  Tell us what the best thing about coming to Camp was for you and what difference it has made for your FIRE journey!

Join us in September!

Camp Mustache Toronto Organizing Committee

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:50:09 AM by CampMustacheToronto »

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Camp really made real the MMM/personal finance community I had found online.  Getting to sit in the same room (or around the same campfire!) and talk with the interesting people I’d encountered online strengthened existing connections and made internet friends into real friends. 

Being more connected to the community has made being frugal, being a Mustachian, and pursuing FI a much less lonely endeavour.  The kind support and advice I receive is more personalized and meaningful because my MMM friends and I have gotten to know each other, and it’s a welcoming thing, to have people you know who “get” your lifestyle and what you are doing with your life.

I will add that Mustachians tend to be a very nice and knowledgeable lot.  👍

avrex

• Bristles
Everything @okits stated above.   It's true!

Everyone is so nice and supportive. 

We each have slightly different goals and different ways to achieve our own level of FIRE.  But we all 'get it'.  We understand what each other is trying to accomplish.

It's nice to find 'my tribe'. 

SnakesintheGrass

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • 5 O'Clock Shadow
We really, really liked camp.   Most of our friends and family didn't 'get' us and what we were doing for a long time.   Not to sound all huggy and emotional, but it was comforting to find people we didn't have to explain stuff to.  Plus it's fun!   Volley-hockey-ball...NOWHERE else can you do that - even though we don't know the rules after two years.   

If you come all of your wildest dreams will come true - well, actually stole that from Napoleon Dynamite but it's as true here as it was there.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache

Plus it's fun!   Volley-hockey-ball...NOWHERE else can you do that - even though we don't know the rules after two years.

You gotta lodge a complaint to the creators of the game! That's just crazy ;)

Camp was awesome. I went to my first camp knowing only internet strangers. I left with so many friends.

Seriously though, what impressed me the most was how welcoming and friendly everyone is. I really like having so many interesting discussions with so many, many different people. Spontaneous discussions happened anywhere and everywhere and I was never made to feel awkward when I stopped to chat with a new group. Cliques were definitely not a problem at Camp!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian

Plus it's fun!   Volley-hockey-ball...NOWHERE else can you do that - even though we don't know the rules after two years.

That's nothing! I've run the game two years in a row, and I still can't figure out the rules!

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache

That's nothing! I've run the game two years in a row, and I still can't figure out the rules!

This might have a teeny tiny bit due to my changing the rules on the fly! Sorry, not sorry.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian

This might have a teeny tiny bit due to my changing the rules on the fly! Sorry, not sorry.

Rule-maker, what are the more sedentary parts of the game this year?  I am not risking my now-functioning knees in anything violent, but I am willing to contribute to a games aspect.  I would need to hone my skills though, to uphold the honour of the Canadian side.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian

Rule-maker, what are the more sedentary parts of the game this year?  I am not risking my now-functioning knees in anything violent, but I am willing to contribute to a games aspect.  I would need to hone my skills though, to uphold the honour of the Canadian side.

Half time show?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
To reveal anything about Volley-Hockey-Ball is to break rule one of volley-hockey-ball, I will not break rule 1.

The list of possibilities possibilities includes:
- Charades
- Tiddly winks
- Chinese Checkers
- Dance! Dance! Revolution.

I support you in attempting all of these simultaneously as that is also a possibility. Then again, it is also a possibility that I am just making this up.

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
I want to make sure I don`t lose my 100% success rate at the sedentary portion.

Including winning with every direction a winner.