Author Topic: NEW Camp Mustache southwestern Ontario  (Read 9612 times)

BabyStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
NEW Camp Mustache southwestern Ontario
« on: February 22, 2018, 12:49:52 PM »
Hello all. I am quite new to the mmm forum, however I've been reading mmm for a year or two now.

I'd like to start a new camp mustache in southwestern Ontario. I will need some help planning it though. I've already got a venue in mind. And I can probably find a caterer. I need help with the advertising and the organization of the event. I especially need people to be in charge of games,breakout sessions, keynote, etc.

Please reply if you are interested in helping out. Then we will pick a date.

If you want to attend (but not organize) this event then let me know too. It's nice to have encouragement.

Pricing will likely be similar to CM*TO

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:12:39 AM by BabyStash »

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: NEW Camp Mustache southwestern Ontario
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 05:53:54 AM »
Hey Baby stash - nice to see that you're thinking of pulling something together - why don't you reach out to me so we can coordinate and compliment each other?

Give me a shout anytime and I'll help you out where I can.

Oh and fwiw - CM*TO currently has 10 bunks available - have you emailed us for a spot? I may not have recognized your username from your email.

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 06:51:11 AM »
Hi baby stash! Welcome to the forums!

Please don’t be misled by my location. I’m from Toronto so I’ve been silently stalking following along on the CM*TO threads, generally because us Canadians (and honorary Canadians) are hilarious.. I’ve never attended any Camp Mistache so I view myself more as an uninvolved observer, but I was a bit confused by your post. What is your reasoning behind wanting to start a new camp?

If you want to get people on board, it might help to explain why you feel another camp might be beneficial, especially given that the first one is already established and not even full yet. Then people can make their own informed decision about getting involved, either as an attendee and/or organizer.

BabyStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 04:52:52 AM »
What is your reasoning behind wanting to start a new camp?

If you want to get people on board, it might help to explain why you feel another camp might be beneficial, especially given that the first one is already established and not even full yet. Then people can make their own informed decision about getting involved, either as an attendee and/or organizer.

When I first thought of starting a camp mustache I didn't realize there was already one near Toronto. I've been working my way the the blog posts from the beginning and when I came across the one about camp mustache I thought "hey we could do that!"
See my hubby and I own a campground/retreat centre and it would be perfect for an event like camp mustache.

I started by messaging the camp mustache Facebook page. They gave me the schedule they use, as well as some tips. They encouraged me to look at the forum. Now I don't usually use the forum because I don't have a computer with internet in the house, so it's all on my phone, and the forum is not very mobile friendly. That's when I saw that there was a CM*TO. I still thought that maybe if there was a lot of interest and a long waiting list, then maybe another would be possible. Our campground is actually closer to london than Toronto, so maybe it would be better to target the London, On mustachians.

BabyStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 04:57:07 AM »
Hey Baby stash - nice to see that you're thinking of pulling something together - why don't you reach out to me so we can coordinate and compliment each other?

Give me a shout anytime and I'll help you out where I can.

Oh and fwiw - CM*TO currently has 10 bunks available - have you emailed us for a spot? I may not have recognized your username from your email.

Yes I did try to send an email, but maybe it didn't go through. I'll send you a private message through the forum

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 06:09:08 AM »
Thanks - got your PM and sent an email. We can talk later today.