Author Topic: Lottery open for Camp Mustache 4  (Read 10182 times)

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
Lottery open for Camp Mustache 4
« on: November 28, 2016, 10:11:58 PM »
Hi Everyone,

After gathering feedback and taking into consideration the core motivation behind Camp Mustache (to spread the word of frugality and early retirement!), we've decided to shift to a lottery for an opportunity to purchase tickets. Fill out this form to enter the random drawing.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIiWYyyyKX9p-7Dhfmzd8KyrdmIGHyMRPmGVw3nWJPNu7GPw/viewform

Let us know if you have any questions! The form will stay open for a month or so.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Lottery open for Camp Mustache 4
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:47:53 AM »
That's a neat idea!

Are you guys going to have Pete tweet it, too?   I'll be curious to hear the final odds on getting a ticket.  :)

We've allocated an equal amount of tickets for previous attendees and for first-time attendees, so that both groups will have a fair chance of attending.

That's cool!  Makes it a good incentive to re-attend, as your odds will be much better (given, I'm guessing, there will be a lot more new people wanting to attend than the number who have attended before, though I could be wrong).  That should give a good mix of past attendees and new people.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

2Saving4Life

• Stubble
    • Evolving Escapades
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 08:56:03 AM »
The wife and  I signed up last night for the returning guests half.  The scholarship question made me laugh.  That's like asking if a mustachian would like a discount.  Yes please!  I rambled on for awhile about why we should get it but was laughing about it while typing.  I never expected to get it but I bet you'll get some funny answers.  I'm curious how many say they want the scholarship and the answers given.  If we don't win the lottery then we will probably try to get some tickets to the Canadian Camp Mustache. 

avrex

• Bristles
What is this?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 12:45:43 PM »
Can someone direct me to a post or thread that has more details about Camp Mustache 4.

- Cost?
- Date of Event?
- Location?

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 03:31:38 PM »
I'm happy to see this in time to sign up for the lottery!  I've completely missed registration for the previous CM events.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: What is this?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
Can someone direct me to a post or thread that has more details about Camp Mustache 4.

- Cost?
- Date of Event?
- Location?

IIRC, previous years were in the $425 range. 4 days, 3 nights, food included.

Memorial Day Weekend.

Near Seattle.

http://campmustache.weebly.com/
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

avrex

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 08:52:50 PM »
Excellent.  Thank you, arebelspy.

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 04:25:51 PM »
I'm happy to see this in time to sign up for the lottery!  I've completely missed registration for the previous CM events.

Yeah that's why we did a lottery this time. Last year's tickets sold out in a day or two. We felt that unfairly benefitted people who just happened to see the announcement.

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »
That's a neat idea!

Are you guys going to have Pete tweet it, too?   I'll be curious to hear the final odds on getting a ticket.  :)

We've allocated an equal amount of tickets for previous attendees and for first-time attendees, so that both groups will have a fair chance of attending.

That's cool!  Makes it a good incentive to re-attend, as your odds will be much better (given, I'm guessing, there will be a lot more new people wanting to attend than the number who have attended before, though I could be wrong).  That should give a good mix of past attendees and new people.

He didn't tweet about it himself but he did retweet my tweet, and it looks like lots of people saw that b/c entries to the lottery jumped after that.

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 07:55:52 AM »
Looks like we are out this year :( Hubs had his shut rescheduled. It's the only 15 or so days of the entire year he HAS to be at work for.  If anyone wants to come up to BC after CM4 to carry on with us, they are more than welcome!

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »
Looks like we are out this year :( Hubs had his shut rescheduled. It's the only 15 or so days of the entire year he HAS to be at work for.  If anyone wants to come up to BC after CM4 to carry on with us, they are more than welcome!

Bummer :( Enter the lottery anyway in case the schedule changes?

Tami1982

• Handlebar Stache
    • Disabled Girl on Fire
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 06:17:09 PM »

Nooooo!

Bummer :( Enter the lottery anyway in case the schedule changes?

Yeeeeessss!

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 01:34:56 PM »
Happy New Year! The Camp Mustache 2017 lottery is now closed, with 274 applications received. Apologies if you weren't able to apply for it in time. Within the next week or so, we'll let everyone who applied know whether or not they got in!